Fiberglass Boat Cover Supports

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrorails

Reaction score
Any thoughts on these style of cover supports? I have a new cover coming from a tin boats.net sponsor, and I would like to give it the proper support it deserves. My boat has the sockets, and I tried the wood versions with no luck. They bend, bowed, and were general pieces of scrap. They did burn nice in the fire pit though, good kindling.

https://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Boating_and_Marine/Boat_Cover_Supports/index.html

The price on these look pretty good, much better than the big C or other outlets...

The fleet farm in Brooklyn Park was out of these already.. D'oh.

This Rochford Supply place is in Brooklyn Park too. If you ever make it up to the cities, that might be worth a stop.

I've seen some people build cover supports from pvc pipe, could build a frame pretty cheap and replace as needed. Just a thought.

If you have raised seats on poles, 1 1/2 inch pvc fits over the poles. Decide the height you need, cut it there, add an elbow and run the length to the other pole and do the same there. I also added a t with a section running to the floor about the center to support it there, it bows to much if you don't.

I tried several wood and fiberglass bows over the years, they either broke or would kick out in the wind punching a hole through the cover. First time I have seen the sockets for them. But that means more holes in the boat and pvc is cheaper.