Finally a big TOAD!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Biggest bass yet this year! 4" 3/4 senko with a bullet weight. Quakertown, PA

Hit like a sunfish until I set the hook

bricky2_001.jpg

bricky2_002.jpg

Measured at 21" estimate weight 5lb +

You can get the 3/4 Senko from JDBaits

That is a beauty and definately 5lbs. The bass in that pond are super heavy, and fight great. Of course I arrived too late, by then little davie was getting too cold to fish :lol:

Thanks guys - it really made my day.

I was fishing with Gamefisher and he hooked, and lost one around the same size. Matt is usually a clam person, but loosing a big fish really riled his feathers, I think he even cursed a little

Caught the Toad on this:
https://www.jdbaits.com/products.htm

Look at the 4" 3/4 round sticks. I used a green/black stick with a very small bullet weight and size 1/0 Gammy hook

Later on I had another toad size bass blow up on a topwater frog and I muffed the hookset completely

A lot of people have it in their head that flat sided baits dont catch fish, this post just goes to show they are wrong!!! IMO flat sided baits give fish a diffrent profile which they dont often see and increases the likelyhood that they will bite. Nice catch ESQUIRED =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I don't know...it kind of looks like a 3.5 or 4 pounder that you held way out from your body and close to your camera :wink:

That's a good lookin bass and easily 5 pounds. Nice catchin

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Nice fish Dave. Someday Ill be able to get out fishing again. Things been crazy around here the last 2 weeks. After this weekend I should be able to get back out there! Once again VERY NICE FISH!!!!!

Nice fish.

I've got to quit screwing around with these catfish and get back into some regular fishing.

Quackrstackr said:
Nice fish.

I've got to quit screwing around with these catfish and get back into some regular fishing.

Not to steal this thread but any basic catfishing advice (setups, rigs, baits) will be greatly appreciated, i think I'm spinning my wheels using soft plastics in the creek in front of the house.

That is truly a toad! I love flatsided senkos, Esquired's (well, Capt. Ahab now) old senkos were flat sided and those produced much better than other senko knockoffs that were rounded.

Latest posts