Finally a Tow Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
Lake Towhee is my favorite lake, and until tonight I had not caught a single bass there this year. I have been fishing it atleast one or more times a week since there was castable open water...with ice still covering most of it. I had only caught a few crappies until tonight. The water temp has gone from the mid 50's as of last wednesday, to almost 80 today. We have had some 90 plus and high 80 degree days between last thursday and today. There are now some fish on beds, I saw both male and females on saturday, but only the males were on them today.

Anyway, the fishing :arrow: I started off casting into the offshore pad beds with a 6" jd baits fatboy, in bubba's dirty watermelon. Within 10 mins I hooked up to a decent bass a little over a pound. I was using the bait more like a jerkbait, and bringing them to the top as well. A few casts later I hooked and landed a dink, on the same bait. I continued fishing, missing a few fish as I worked different areas. I worked my way back to the boat ramp and hooked a better fish. Of course I was casting over a bunch of dead cattails, so I had to get my feet wet so I did not lose the fish. So anyway, I ended up with three fish, all on the same bait, the biggest was the last fish that was around 2lbs. I was very pleased considering I have been trying so hard to catch a fish there.....Finally.

No pics, the bass are busy spawning so I get them back fast, sorry 8)

I knew it was only a matter of time. Jake is on those Towee Toads and now will not stop until the ice forms. Arrrrrrrgh!

Good catchin'. I've been there 3 times so far this year with no luck, although I did meet a guy who was catching dinks on a very small Rapala lure before it got warm.

Matt