Finally got to do some fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
Got up nice and early thinking i was going to get some stuff done today, well that went right out the window when i decided to go fishing. I got to the river around 7:30 am, and fished pretty much all day. After about an hour with not so much as a nibble I was getting ready to call it quits when I noticed a follower, I was so glad I was wearing my sunglasses even thought the sun wasnt out. If not I might not have seen the fish and called it quits. Two casts later I hooked the little guy, and he was probably the only large mouth that wouldnt have kept. Around 10 am the tide was up nice and tight to the bank, so I moved over to my favorite rock (its more of a bolder really) and started running a spinner bait on, and over it, got 3 fish in four casts 1 being a yellow perch. When it was all said and done I had 3 large mouths banked on a spinner bait, and 3 dead sticking a fluke, and a feisty yellow perch . I took a few pic's but didnt have the flash on for the first two, so im just gonna post up the kicker large mouth about he was about 4 pounds, doesnt look like it from the photo but he was a little tank, and the perch. Plus I got to break in my kistler mag ts spinning rod, now I just got to get the flippin stick broken in
DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0217.jpg

Johnny5 said:
NICE CATCH SLIM, tell me what water yer fishin again :lol:
Fishing the potomac river, nope ahab no tri pod just a rock, there really isn't room for a tri pod at that location, tides about to be up so im bout to head out for some lunch time fishin

Ah the Potomac, haven't had the priveledge of fishing there. Hope the weather has been better to yall than us here in N.C., Im still waitin for the shad run here :-k hopefully this weekend when the 3" of rain falls out of the Tar we get a runners!

Nice! That perch is a beast! I might have to hit you up for some guidance when I'm in DC next Sept.

Latest posts