Finder does not work at high speeds

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol sarge

Reaction score
I just recently upgraded from an electric TM to and outboard. I have found that my portable humminbird does not read when I am running the outboard at speed. Is there any way of getting it to read (I use a suction cup to attach the transducer). Thanks.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325705#p325705 said:
ol sarge » Today, 17:13[/url]"]I just recently upgraded from an electric TM to and outboard. I have found that my portable humminbird does not read when I am running the outboard at speed. Is there any way of getting it to read (I use a suction cup to attach the transducer). Thanks.

If the FF works while the boat is laying still, and/ or when trolling, the issue will always be placement of the transeducer/ skimmer. I have an adjustable mount for the transeducer on my tin, and just 5 mm of movement up or down makes a world of difference. When perfectly adjusted, it reads bottom at 300 meters at top speed (34 knots), but if I miss with just 2 cm it will barely read at all in 15 knots.

Latest posts