Bad when tm company doesn't have contact info

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senkosam

Reaction score
A Pexmor 36# thrust trolling was given to me but the prop was damaged. I went to the company website and no luck find contact info for parts or links to parts. Luckily I did a search on the part # inside the motor and on Amazon it came back as a Weedless Wedge - a Minn Kota prop. The tm does well for a 36# thrust maybe because of the oversized prop, giving more thrust at any speed in comparison to MK. Too bad props cost over $25 s/h/tax included - but worth it for my 10'V.

Probably not a good idea to run my 2.5 4-stroke on the transom with the tm clamped to the side of it, but, I have an elevated seat (plastic stool with 4 screws) that attaches to the middle bench and sit on it for forward weight. A livewell + water in the front also adds weight rather than the bow running high on high speed. I have an extension hand for the tm but not for the gas motor so I have to carefully squat to change direction, speed or shut off.

Speaking of transducer mounts. I have an old Lowrance Hook 4 sonar but don't want the transducer mounted permanently on my Pexmor. (Other tms are used on my larger aluminum boats.) So, I mounted it on a long piece of wood at one end and clamp it to the transom. The unit works nicely for how old it is without the fancy features that come with the latest sonars. Because the transducer is level with the boat bottom on the stern, the image is still good even at the fastest speed.

Last edited:
Too bad about the prop, but $25 all in for the TM is still a pretty good investment. Sounds like you have a good solution for the removable transducer.

I understand the need to be careful with moving around a 10' boat. Doesn't take much for things to go south. If I understand correctly, you are considering steering the outboard with the TM handle extension by connecting the TM to the outboard. Seems complicated in a Rube Goldberg kind of way. Maybe keep a look out for an extension handle for the outboard.

Last edited:
TM handle attachment too small, but thanks for the suggestion.

Know what you mean about 'going south'. Did that from my jon boat and lost my wallet with cards, registrations and over $80 in cash. Even in 4 1/2' of murky water, no chance of recovery. Good thing for the depth which allowed me to jump into the boat over the square bow front, pulling myself up on both sides. Gas motor, battery and tm weights combined allowed my 180 lbs some boat balance. Forget going in from the side.

Don't want to think what would have happened in 8'.

Latest posts