Fishing Challenge: What would you do?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a pond i fished with a friend. we had never been there and we started off in the morning, so i though topwater, here we go. no success. I had caught a 5lber out of SML on Strike Kings Rage Tail Craws so i tied on one of those with a 1/8 oz weight and a straight shank worm hook. went up under the trees where it was hard to cast and caught one about 4 feet from the bank. next cast i caught another, and over all i caught 6. My bud who tried almost everything got nothing. He was fishing where bass were chasing minnows!

The pond's I fish look just like that here NC. They also won't touch the odd color curly tails, but can't get enough off the Watermelon red flake curly tails. Same with Sinkos (or what ever brand you use) Stay with as natural color as possible. Also creature baits Texas rigged with as small ah weight that you can get away with. Those 3 things have worked better for me than anything else on small ponds.

for carp my b-i-l used bigred soda and wheateys made into dough. ball it on a small treble hook , cast and let lay.

Not sure about your area but in mine I am targeting smallies. In that particular pond at 11 am I would throw my go to not secret anymore weapon. A six inch black or white yamamoto senko...wacky rigged with no weight. Just drift it till it hits bottom....where I fish it doesn't hit bottom..just smallmouth. I don't remember your time options but if the sun is off the water in the evening I would throw a white topwater of whatever variety I grabbed.

Oh yeah almost forgot. As far as the carp go I would spear them with a carbon arrow slung from my matthews...if with 15 yards on a good shot day.