Fishing in the rain......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out in my canoe one time when a thunderstorm came up pretty quick and I made a mad dash for the boat landing about 4 miles away. I was paddling like a mad man but didn't make it to the landing before the rain hit. I did make it to a small bridge where I thought I would have cover but as the water started to rise from the heavy downpour it ran me out from under the bridge. This was a swamp and all the runoff was raising the water level. Then I had to wait a while until the water receded enough to fit under the bridge to get to the landing. Oh' yea, fish do eat when its raining.

I have caught tons of fish in the rain. The best fishing in the summer is during a steady rain. I had one day it was raining so hard my bilge pump ran almost constant but the basd were destroying top waters so I stayed at it and it was well worth it.

Trolling for trout on a lake 11,000 ft. Elevation above Yosemite Park. Mid Sept. Clear day good fishing, light rain moves in, fishing picked up. Turned to sleet then snow. Fishing was the best I've ever have seen. Every time we took one off and let the lures back out we hooked up. Get the net yourself because it was constant doubles. After two hours, we looked like two snowmen and frozen solid, we went in with beautiful limits of rainbows. I'm from Minnesota and I haver never seen snow and frantic fishing like it in my life

Latest posts