Flooring question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucky

Reaction score
Ok I am new to this site so I am not sure if this or some where else it the place to post this question. I am wondering if any of you have ever put a polypropolyne floor in your boat. This is basically the stuff cutting boards are made of and would be totally resistant to just about everything. I found a place where I can get it in sheets for about 40.00 a sheet. Not sure if it would work or not?

Bucky said:
Ok I am new to this site so I am not sure if this or some where else it the place to post this question. I am wondering if any of you have ever put a polypropolyne floor in your boat. This is basically the stuff cutting boards are made of and would be totally resistant to just about everything. I found a place where I can get it in sheets for about 40.00 a sheet. Not sure if it would work or not?

If it's properly supported I don't see why it wouldn't work. The 3/4" strip I have for a router fence is far less rigid than 3/4" plywood but the cutting board I have made of 1/2" is very rigid.

you can get in differnt thickness from 1/8 inch up to 1 inch. you can get it in sheets like plywood or in long strips like 12x96 I think.

Andy plan on either carpet or a spray in liner over it so that it would not be slippery. The spray in would be nice for keeping clean. Although the color would dictate how hot it gets.

How hot does the TAN color get for the spray on liner?

Talons

I was thinking the same thing......tan sounds about right. I painted the nose of Tracker with tan...it originaly was black. The tan gets warm in the sun but not hot. I've stepped on it barefoot in the middle of the day and not think twice about it.

Wow. Sounds like interesting material. I'm new too.. rebuilding my fathers late 60s starcraft Mariner.
Any chance you could post the actual name of the flooring material? And can you get it in a 5X10panel sheet.
Thanks,

hollywooddippa said:
I was thinking the same thing......tan sounds about right. I painted the nose of Tracker with tan...it originaly was black. The tan gets warm in the sun but not hot. I've stepped on it barefoot in the middle of the day and not think twice about it.

If I could get silver/light grey I might do that, but so far the boat will be Dark Forest Green on the outside and TAN on the inside. The TAN Rustoleum Bed Liner spray will go right over the aluminum decking I am going to get.

Talons

https://www.professionalplastics.com/POLYPROPYLENESHEETSRODS go to boat materials then to
Polypropylene Sheets & Rods (Natural) 48x96 sheet is 58.00 dollars. You can get it in colors too although I don't know if that cost more or not. This is the cheapest they have. They also have other boating materials but some are a little $$$. I figure to either carpet it or spray a bed liner over it.

Latest posts