Foot Pedal Minnkota V2 Powerdrive

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinWI

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Having issue with my foot pedal for my Powerdrive V2.

doesn't matter if it's in continuous or momentary position, the speed switch doesn't work at certain settings...only runs mid range.
I called Minn-Kota. They said it may be the magnet, may be the TM itself.
I asked if dirt could get in it and affect it...which they said it can have an affect. So I rinsed it in bucket of water...and it worked....but I only tested it wet...today I checked again and it's doing the same thing it was doing.
Anyone else experience similar issues?

I had problem with mine,not with the speed but with the turning(on way was getting bad)
Did the dunking thing like you did....didn't help so I took it apart.
Looked pretty dirty so took some rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab and cleaned things up.For the turning it's alittle different then the speed but I took alittle thin peice of plastic so it would put more pressure on the pad and it has worked perfect.
If you know how to use a multi meter,the speed pad has different restances from slow to high speed.
Heres a manual if you want to try something yourself....
If you do try something,make sure it's DICONNECTED from the battery.Found out the hard way,after I had mine working decided to play with it again(dumb) and made a spark...mine now turns great but doesn't have any speed(that worked before),anyways...
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12022102/Minn%20Kota%20Repair%20Manual.pdf
You can buy the speed pad not sure if this is your model https://www.northlandmarine.com/MinnKotaControlBrd2774012.htm
You can also buy a whole new foot pedal...not much more.

Like I mentioned earlier,if you do play with it yourself...DISCONNECT it from the battery.
I have to debate buying $250 in parts to fix a 12 year old powerdrive because of my stuipdness.(that was working)

Latest posts