found a deal..maybe?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clinchmtnboy

Reaction score
I Found a deal on a welded 1860 mod. V tiller. The boat has a yamaha F 40. Is that going to push 700 pd. 18 ft boat. I ussually load 2 men and two batteries plus other gear. Thanks for your thoughts!

I have always liked the look of an 1860, always seemed like good wide stable boat. Of course all boats have there drawbacks, a 12/36 will ease around in the trees easier that an 1860, but in a stormy whitecap mess which one would you want to be sitting in trying to get home in? The 40 should push it along well enough. If it's a deal, grab it.

Thanks for the information! I cant pull the trigger yet. I have to sell my 1999 crestliner superhawk if I go with a 1860. I want something simple. I fish completely different now than a few years ago. I want a boat without all gadgets. (Light and simple) I really think Im going to end up a 1648 and 30 and keep my other boat for the family. My dad and I got started fishing inshore in Florida. We need something for our two weeks down there in the summer and me to drag around Tennessee.

Latest posts