Fuel connections

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightflyer1

Reaction score
In my younger days outboards I remember had removable fuel connections on the engine and/or tank. Currently mine are fixed in place and not removable. Can this be converted to the kind you can at least remove to run the fuel out when done with the boat for the day? 2002 Mercury 25hp pull start.

just search for inline fuel couplings..connectors..might get a shutoff also..ebay is full of them..

In my younger days outboards I remember had removable fuel connections on the engine and/or tank. Currently mine are fixed in place and not removable. Can this be converted to the kind you can at least remove to run the fuel out when done with the boat for the day? 2002 Mercury 25hp pull start.
I’m not sure when Merc went to EFI on the 25hp. Anyway, if EFI it’s not a good idea to run the fuel out.

I’m not sure when Merc went to EFI on the 25hp. Anyway, if EFI it’s not a good idea to run the fuel out.
I didn't know that; thanks.

I have a 20 HP Merc EFI. SO I went and looked it up in the maintenance manual. Sho 'nuff, it says to add stabilizer to the fuel and run it to make sure the fuel system is full of stablized fuel before storage. No words about emptying the fuel out of the system EXCEPT for fuel with ethanol in it. In that case, they instruct to empty as much of that ethanol fuel as possible and then prep it for storage with stabilized non-ethanol fuel.

I have been running the system out of fuel before storing for the winter. No more.

Learn sumpin' new every day. Thanks!

I have a 25 Merc EFI. I think it's a Tohatsu underneath. Really big motor for 25HP.

Mine has a fuel connector, though. Someone must have bypassed it in your case.

Some come with the fuel connector on the end of a short fuel line. Maybe that is how yours was originally?