Full Clear Vinyl Enclosure vs. Canvas with Vinyl windows

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fundseeker

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone here have a Full Enclosure on a windshield boat that is completely clear vinyl side curtains and rear panel rather than mostly canvas with some smaller clear vinyl windows? Are they too hot in summer and is the full vinyl to rigid in cold temps? Dowco who makes the factory full enclosures for G3 is offering full clear vinyl sides and rear panel to fit the existing Bimini top on my new 18 ft G3 Angler . I'm in Ontario so I'll be dealing with high summer temps and cold fall / early winter temps . I'm concerned about whether the full clear coverage will be like a hot house in summer on the water and in the driveway and becoming quite rigid in colder temps. Full vinyl might be difficult to roll and store especially when cold . I'd like to just use the enclosure while storing the boat in the driveway all boating season rather than use the trailering cover. Any thoughts would be appreciated . Thanks

I use the vinyl curtains on my Bayliner Trophy. The vinyl windshield snaps along the trim on the windshield ridge, and zips to the Bimini top. The two vinyl side windows snap in place to the Bimini top, and fiberglass sides. The rear is a vinyl wall, with 2 zippers that run parallel, that allow you to roll the vinyl door up and secure with a pair of snap straps. The rear vinyl zips to the Bimini top, and snaps to both sides of the boat. In cold weather, the vinyl is not rigid like you would think. It is very helpful blocking the cold wind during those lower temps while running. It holds it's rigidnes, but not where you think it would crack. In summer months, it will give you the green house effect. When in use during the summer, I roll up the back door. At times while trolling, I'll remove the windshield too. I normally don't use it much because of the seagulls. They use it for a pearch, and regurgitate their meals all over my boat.
When I store it, I do not fold or roll it up. I lay it on a sheet of cardboard, and slide it under the bed. Only maitiance I do, is chapstick on the zippers and the snaps. In regards to canvas, most folks are going to Sumbrella.

This is off the net (simular boat, few feet smaller):
17.jpg

Latest posts