Gamefisher 1436 Project (lots of pictures)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingRx

Reaction score
Let's try this again now that my phone has stopped updating and recovering :(
I bought a 1985? 1436 Gamefisher with trailer, 6.5hp Johnson, and a 35# Mikota Edge for $1k last summer. Fished it for the season, now it's time to fix it's shortcomings. I'll post the pictures first, then my plan/questions.

Attachments

• clippers 133.JPG
    clippers 133.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 894
  • clippers 134.JPG
    clippers 134.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 894
More pictures from before the demo

Attachments

• clippers 135.JPG
    clippers 135.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 882
  • clippers 136.JPG
    clippers 136.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 882
  • clippers 137.JPG
    clippers 137.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 882
  • clippers 138.JPG
    clippers 138.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 882
Pics from the demo

Attachments

• clippers 139.JPG
    clippers 139.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 877
  • clippers 140.JPG
    clippers 140.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 877
  • clippers 141.JPG
    clippers 141.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 877
  • clippers 142.JPG
    clippers 142.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 877
  • clippers 143.JPG
    clippers 143.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 877
My plan:
1)transom replacement/modification- My transom flexes when underway. The transom is solid and not rotting; it does not have anything attaching the lower part of it to the back of the hull and or floor. I would appreciate any input on this
2)Decks- The previous owner and the owner prior to him used treated 3/4" ply for decks. I'm planning on a front deck out of 1/2" ply coated in spar urethane with steel framing 2x4s for horizontal framing and spar urenthaned wood 2x4s for vertical support. I will be placing a 1/2" ply mid deck floor on top of foam board laid between the ribs. I have not yet decided if I will be placing a back deck; I will be at least carpeting the back seat.
3)Trolling Motor Mount- I need ideas for a new trolling motor mount
4)Trailer bunks- Currently treated 2x4s with carpet. I'm thinking of removing the carpet and placing plastic lattice strips on the treated lumber. Alternatively I'm considering replacing the treated lumber with sparurethaned 2x4s and carpeting them. I would appreciate any input on this.

I already have the metal framing 2x4s, lattice, spar urethane, and outdoor carpet, so in the interest of cost savings, I am pretty set on using these materials.

The boat could use paint, but I'm going to save that for next year, I need to get her on the water for the spawn! :lol:

If I am overlooking anything on this build please let me know! I would appreciate any and all input. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• clippers 156.JPG
    clippers 156.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 869
The decks are finished. I ended up going with a low deck in the interest of balance and weight savings. Overall I'm very happy iwth how it has turned out; since I had most of the materials, I only have ~$80 into this project so far.

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 620
I have a few more close up pictures of the interior, but the file size is too big to upload. If anyone woul like to see them to help out with their own project let me know and I will gladly email them.

Latest posts