Golf cart to move boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braden

Reaction score
I have a 1648 aluminum flat boat, with a Yamaha 15 hp 2 stroke outboard, and a Dixie Craft single axle trailer. I am assuming that the boat weighs 385 lbs, motor 115 lbs, and trailer 400 lbs. For a total weight of 900 lbs. Does this estimate sound right?

I park the boat on the side of my house and it is kind of a tight fit. I was thinking that it might be easier to use my 48 volt stock golf cart to get the boat in and out. I would be pulling it through the yard (and I have limestone rock spread out in the grass). I would be pulling it about 30 to 40 feet. Does anyone know if the stock cart can handle it?

I can pull mine around with a small riding mower and it's got traction issues just pulling it's self around so you should be fine as long as your cart is functioning normally. You may need to fashion a raised hitch ball on it though. The bumpers on carts are usually pretty low to the ground. LoL

Great, thanks JMichael!

Johnny, good idea. It's a necessity

I use my lawn mower sometimes to move my 1448 around but without rear view mirrors it is real tough to look around when backing, I installed a hitch to the front of the mower and you just drive it wherever you want it, easy.

The front hitch is especially good for maneuvering into tight places as mine is between 2 sheds.

i used my ATV. the only hard part was hooking it up as it was heavy as all get out and tongue heavy. ball was way too low on the ATV.

Now I feel better. Just got to see where my mounting options are. Boy a hitch on the front would be great!

Latest posts