Great start to my season.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
This past week I spent at Boy Scout summer camp. We basically go to the council camp, work to earn merit badges, and have a lot of fun. Well, there are a couple ponds on this camp, and in past years, I have managed 1 or 2 fish from there. This year, I threw a YUM Houdini 6" finesse green pumpkin worm the whole time. Started out with a 3/16 oz. weight, but removed it and the bite heated up more. I knew that it was gonna be a good week, when I caught a keeper on my second cast! I managed to get about 30 minutes each day, from Tuesday until Friday, and pulled eleven keepers out. Along with a couple dinks, but those don't count. My buddy pulled 9 keepers.
Since October, I have been fishing less than 10 times, and have pulled nothing in any of them. So, I guess you could call this a great start to the season.
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. I have never been into picture taking, so I generally don't carry a camera, and all the leaders who had cameras, were nowhere near during free time.
All the keepers I caught were a few ounces over a pound, with one close to 2 pounds, but I doubt it was quite there. (I should keep a scale in the tacklebag.

When I got home, Jimmy's worms awaited, so I cannot wait to try them, but I am leaving tomorrow to go to Philmont scout ranch, and will not be back until July 3rd.

esquired said:
Got to get a Camera - fish pics are cool!

Very true!! Unless you for get it like I did yesterday :roll:.

Great story bassboy1 and I think you will be very happy with Jimmy's worms :wink:

fishnfever

Latest posts