Greater St.Louis area Bass fisherman here,

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you fish? Mostly the Big and Meramec from George Winter to the Palisades and some times in Cuba for me for bass and all over the MO and MS for cats.

Hey Brian.....put your location in your profile so we know where you are. I'm in Fenton and will talk shop anytime.

Welcome to TinBoats too! There are a handfull of us from around here.

bulldog said:
Where do you fish? Mostly the Big and Meramec from George Winter to the Palisades and some times in Cuba for me for bass and all over the MO and MS for cats.

I fish St.Clair "Froggy's" access and up to the dredger by the golf course- Meremac, but mostly if I fish the Missouri side I fish the Mineral Fork, I am going to try to set time aside to start fishing from my boat around where the Mineral Fork dumps into the Big River. I put in at Times Beach as well from time to time but I don't care for all the hicks there- I like the river to myself.

Oh- how could I forget- the Bourbouese River is my #1, favorite, although conditions last two years have been unfavorable.

I put in at Times Beach as well some times. Nice ramp. I saw a guy back his trailer off the ramp too far and then pull it out only to pull one of his trailer wheels and tires off. Pretty funny until I had to help carry that side of the trailer up the ramp.

I have always want to fish the Burbouse at the ramp on 44 next to Borbouse Valley Harley Davidson. Pretty close to me. How is the fishing there? I have heard mixed things.

I love the Big River. From Browns Ford down to the Meramec is where I normally go. Big fish in there and the mouth of the Big from the Meramec is so shady not a lot of people run it so there is little to no boat traffic. I have a friend with a ramp about 2 miles up the Big so I go out there a lot. Cost me a boat last year but the fishing is awesome. The locals talk about catching 8 pound smallies. Biggest I have seen is a six pounder. Lots of Walleye as well.

The Bourb can be great, and it can be ehhhh, just like any other place, fluctuates. I fish Union and upriver- down river I. Don't care for, too slow/ wide/ murky.

The big draw for me is no people.

I think the locals may be drinking a little. Too much on the 8lb smallie claims, that seems about 4lb heavy even for a lunker for a small river/stream smallmouth.

I have tried to fish the Big a few times at Rockaway Beach but it gets hammered.

I am probably going to start fishing the Big down by Potosi/ Desloge hwy 8 area- hopefullly we are moving down that way.

I have a place in Marion Ill. i spend 2 weeks a year out there fishing i have fished crab orachard, little grassy devils kitchen and cedar lake they are all alot of fun to fish

I was told Froggy's is now under new ownership and will allow overnight camping!! See how long that lasts.. I fish Lonedell lake's and a member at a club in Sparta Il that has 15-20 strip mine lakes loaded with big bass.. just need some good weather to go fish.

redbug said:
I have a place in Marion Ill. i spend 2 weeks a year out there fishing i have fished crab orachard, little grassy devils kitchen and cedar lake they are all alot of fun to fish

The back end of Little Grassy when the gills are spawning- !Hellu! Big slab red-ear there- you can load up a cooler quick!

The back of the lake, back by Gian City State Park. Speaking of Giant City SP, they have a "Lodge" Restraunt there- this one restraunt is the only thing that Illinois govt has ever done successfully- you need to eat there- it is phenominal, and fair prices. It is located in GC State Park.

Devil's Kitchen has gobbs of rainbow trout too- don't forget to try for them by the dam.

Brian B. said:
redbug said:

The back end of Little Grassy when the gills are spawning- !Hellu! Big slab red-ear there- you can load up a cooler quick!

The back of the lake, back by Gian City State Park. Speaking of Giant City SP, they have a "Lodge" Restraunt there- this one restraunt is the only thing that Illinois govt has ever done successfully- you need to eat there- it is phenominal, and fair prices. It is located in GC State Park.

Devil's Kitchen has gobbs of rainbow trout too- don't forget to try for them by the dam.
Giant city oh yeah we know it well... the lodge is about 10 miles from our cabin. 2 of our ponds spill into devils kitchen
we have caught red ear's up to 1.5lbs in our ponds they are fun.