Greetings.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Dave

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. This is a really cool forum, I feel very fortunate to have come across it. I have two projects right now. The first one is a 1448 POLAR Kraft Jon that I am finishing up. It’s a pretty cool boat but I wanted to find something a little bit longer, a little wider all welded modified V.

I found this 1999 Lowe Roughneck 1752. Going to sell the POLAR Kraft as soon as I’m finished with it and start on the Lowe. I will post some Pics as soon as I figure it out. :LOL2:

Welcome to a great site and lots of great folks with all the support you'll need.

So post those pics up!

Welcome aboard!

OK, to post pics:

Go to the box under your text box, you'll see a "choose file" button. Click this, and then select an image from your computer to download. Once you've selected it, you'll hit "add the file" tab next to this.

Provided that the image fits the specified parameters (no larger than 2MB) it should upload to the site. If your image is larger than the specified parameter, it won't load. You'll need to modify the image by going on your computer and opening that image under the preview option, then go to 'file' and hit 'save as' then select 'jpeg' and then you should be able to modify the image size in MB as well. Once you've modified the image, over-write or save it, then select this and upload it to the site.

Once you've uploaded your image, then you'll insert the (IMG)picture text here(/IMG) into your comment posting box.

Hope this helps!

Ok you ‘all I think I have the pic thing down now. :lol: I’m here in South Florida “ The Fishing Capital of the world” That’s what I love to do. Big bass in the everglades or Lake O, also great offshore fishing on both coasts and the keys for all the pelagic species.
But my first love is the flats, Biscayne Bay, Florida Bay, Flamingo Everglades Nationally Park. I’m a bit of a flats rat I guess you can say. LOL Anyway that’s why I like the Jon boats there so light compared to the fiberglass hulls and I can get really shallow. This one floats in spit.

Attachments

• 093.JPG
    093.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 733
  • 092.JPG
    092.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 733
  • 094.JPG
    094.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 733
  • 095.JPG
    095.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 733
  • 096.JPG
    096.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 733
This mod or I guess I should say re mod is about 80% complete. I let her sit outside uncovered for a while and the carpet got a little nasty. I’m going to sell her so I wanted to replace the carpet. I pulled the carpet and found the wood decking was a little nasty as well so I decided I would replace it too.

Here are some pics of what it looked like before. I’ve made a few changes. This is my friend Kenny on the front deck with a nice red we pulled out of Florida Bay.

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 730
  • 346.JPG
    346.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 730
  • 343.JPG
    343.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 730
Very nice boat mods! I like the layout, having a casting deck in the bow and stern, and then having storage in the center bench seat.

Nice spot tail bass, too! I like to catch them smaller than that, in the slot range of 15"-23" (here in SC) , so I can take 'em home and eat 'em! :mrgreen:

PSG-1 said:
Very nice boat mods! I like the layout, having a casting deck in the bow and stern, and then having storage in the center bench seat.

Nice spot tail bass, too! I like to catch them smaller than that, in the slot range of 15"-23" (here in SC) , so I can take 'em home and eat 'em! :mrgreen:

Hey thanks PSG-1 It’s got a 25 HP Yamaha tiller on a mini Jack plate. It gets me skinny. Can’t wait to sell it so I can start on my 1752. :D

Ok my 1448 is all but done. I hope to get a quick sale on it so I can get busy with my 1752.
All the decking is new.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 648
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
More pics.