Have a question about a Minn Kota trolling motor PLease look

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky.jonboatfisher

Reaction score
I have a Minn Kota 12 Volt 34 Pound thrust Endura hand controlled trolling motor. Now this trolling motor is a bow mount motor and i need it to be a stern mount to go beside my 25 hp johnson. So would it be possible to make this trolling motor and twist it to become a stern mount. I really need to know so if you guys would just please let me know.
Thanks. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

ky.jonboatfisher said:
I have a Minn Kota 12 Volt 34 Pound thrust Endura hand controlled trolling motor. Now this trolling motor is a bow mount motor and i need it to be a stern mount to go beside my 25 hp johnson. So would it be possible to make this trolling motor and twist it to become a stern mount. I really need to know so if you guys would just please let me know.
Thanks. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

You could trade up; With my old bow mount Minn Kota 40lb thrust, I traded it for a 50lb transom mount straight up. Craigslist.org is your friend. Kiiji also works.

I have not tried this but,, I have read on other sites that you can remove a screw or two at the base of the control head and spin the head 180 degrees to achieve what you are asking

Wayne

Would the bracket mount on a transom? If so just take the screw out at the base of the head of the unit ( my endura has a single phillips head screw) and turn the head around. If yours has a bow mount so that it is only mounted on the flat surface at the bow you might want to hook up with bigbuck.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6085

He looks like he wants what you have, and you have want.... well you know what I mean.

redbug said:
I have not tried this but,, I have read on other sites that you can remove a screw or two at the base of the control head and spin the head 180 degrees to achieve what you are asking

Wayne
Wayne is correct if that is what you are trying to do. If you just want to turn the "throttle" hand 180 deg. you take the two screw out turn it around and out the screws back in. My old one was like that and it worked just fine.

Thanks guys i really appreciate it. The only reason i posted 4 is becuase i really neeeded to know soon because i am looking at another trolling motor to buy but if this one works i will keep it and use it instead of buying a new one. Wont happen again. And thanks again for your help.

Thanks Wayne and BLK Fisher i did just what you said and it worked. So now i dont have to go buy a new one so thanks again. =D> :D