Have you ever sunk your tinnie? If so, how??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost did it at the ramp. I forgot to remove the transom tie downs and I'm backing down an unimproved mud slide between a couple of trees. I'm noticing the boat isn't sliding off the trailer. When I realize what was going on, I put the truck in drive and that's all remember but me trying to pull up the boat as I'd unhooked the winch. My tackle box is floating off the deck, my auto inflate PFD had, in fact, self inflated and it's floating across the pond.
I at least had the presence of mind to whip the rope around one tree and tie around the other tree to prevent the boat from sinking further. I jumped onto the deck and hit the bilge switch but since the transom was submerged it really didn't do anything. I was able to get the winch hook into the bow eye, winch the boat onto the trailer and the bilge started to kick in.
Eventually I had it under control and fortunately no water got into the powerhead or through the cowling.

yep forgot drain plug. i unloaded my boat tied it to the dock. drove up the hill at the ramp to park.when i walked down to the dock the boat was full. i was by myself so i was lucky to get the boat back up..i had to get the trailer and back down past the end of the ramp and winch it up. i thought my little dakota wasnt going to pull her out........ive also dumped my tinnie on a boat ramp.i had a tip bunk trailer and glide slicks on the bunks when i unhooked winch strap yhe boat slid the bunks tipped and my boat hit the ground....worst part was we were fishing a tourney with a new club and we didnt know any one there was not funny at the time but my brother and i get a laugh whenever we tell someone about it.......btw i no longer use tip bunks they were welded tight the next week...... and when the sticker that cones with glide slicks says do not unhook boat untill you are ready to launch heed the warning lol

Close to sinking last fall. Trolling in the evening with a friend at the helm of my boat. He hit the live well pump inadvertently. apparently it was just overflowing into the hull. I didn't notice the boat getting low because of the darkness. When the front live well lid opened up that I was storing tackle in started rushing into the boat It got a little nerve racking. In the far end of a larger lake, trying to get lines in at the same time I floored the boat pump running and couldn't remove the plug because we were just putting at full throttle. Very close to sinking.
It was weird because the front deck where the live well sits is a good 8 or so inches above the main deck. We made it back ok about a 15 minute cheek clincher.