Hello all this is my first post with pics of my first boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought my first boat about a week ago and have been slowly adding, removing and basically making it my own. It is a 1989 Grumman 1467P and I am looking to try to maximize the room I have in it and reduce the clutter to prevent trip hazards. There is not a ton of storage, so ideas for adding storage would be great. So far the only mods/changes I have made so far is add new rod holders and build a rod/accessory rack for this boat. I have had her on the water twice already and as I get more comfortable I will venture further into the lake I fish in. My kids and I are HUGE catfishin folk but also love to bass fish so this seemed like the right boat for the job. I am happy to be a part of this new forum and hope to learn all that I can.

DSC02450Custom_zpsc1cc73e9.jpg

DSC02460Custom_zps34c592a6.jpg

DSC02451Custom_zpsa190404a.jpg

DSC02492Custom_zpsbcc49736.jpg

Welcome! And very nice boat. I love cat fishing too. I just wished I could go up to north FL for some flathead catfish. I only catch Channel cats here but still very fun.

Cool boat! Maybe you could do a removable deck extension for more storage, I've seen them done on older bass boats (ones without full flipping deck). It would provide storage when needed and open space when necessary.

Looks like you did very well on your first boat. Nothing better than taking the kids out and having fun. Anything that helps you do that is worth it imo. Nice rod holders too. Any chance of some pics or explanation of the process, especially the flared pvc with the bottle?

Welcome aboard, That's a nice looking boat you have there! I like the layout of it, wished my Alumacraft looked that good!

The layout you have will provoke envy in most other boat owners; VERY nice and clean.

Use it for a season before you start adding or modifying space. There's a ton of stuff you don't need.

=D>

Welcome also!
Thinking along the same lines as others are.
Nice boat, nice layout already. Use it first, and go from there. You may only want to do some minor mods. and can get plenty of advice on how to do them on here.

That's a pretty nice boat! Should do well for cats and bass. Use it for a bit and make a list of what you do and do not want in the finished product.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=343942#p343942 said:
Macrosill » 06 Mar 2014, 06:49[/url]"]Looks like you did very well on your first boat. Nothing better than taking the kids out and having fun. Anything that helps you do that is worth it imo. Nice rod holders too. Any chance of some pics or explanation of the process, especially the flared pvc with the bottle?

flared pvc -- heat pvc and push on glass bottle with desired curve.

Latest posts