Hello, I'm a newbi here.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawanoki

Reaction score
I was wandering if anyone on this forum can help identify this old aluminum boat I have. There are no serial numbers or HIN #'s any where on the boat. I plan on bringing the boat back to life.

Attachments

• My tin boat_1.jpg
    My tin boat_1.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 583
That is a unique looking rig there, not sure I have ever seen one like that.

I've seen one like that somewhere before. I think It was an Arkansas Traveler Explorer model if I remember right. Try Fiberglassics they have a library full of ads and brochures from older boat companies. Very cool boat by the way!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342949#p342949 said:
ccm » 26 Feb 2014, 18:44[/url]"]I've seen one like that somewhere before. I think It was an Arkansas Traveler Explorer model if I remember right. Try Fiberglassics they have a library full of ads and brochures from older boat companies. Very cool boat by the way!
Wow! I think you hit the nail right on the head!
If I can get it titled that would be nice. All I got was a signed bill of sale.
I knew this boat was old when I found it on Craigslist. I bought it to restore, it needs some work. I have never restored any boat. If I cannot get a title I will fix it any how. Hopefully the state of Fla. will work with me on this.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342992#p342992 said:
shawanoki » 27 Feb 2014, 00:28[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342949#p342949 said:
ccm » 26 Feb 2014, 18:44[/url]"]I've seen one like that somewhere before. I think It was an Arkansas Traveler Explorer model if I remember right. Try Fiberglassics they have a library full of ads and brochures from older boat companies. Very cool boat by the way!
Wow! I think you hit the nail right on the head!
If I can get it titled that would be nice. All I got was a signed bill of sale.
I knew this boat was old when I found it on Craigslist. I bought it to restore, it needs some work. I have never restored any boat. If I cannot get a title I will fix it any how. Hopefully the state of Fla. will work with me on this.

Can't wait to see progress! Your boat looks like it's from the late 50's early 60's due to the aluminum gunnel rails. By the way how long is the boat? I wish you good luck with getting a title. I don't know Florida's process so I cant help you there. :( The boat will turn out awesome either way! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help! I believe it is a Arkansas Traveler Explorer like you stated. From the factory advertisement, I think the boat is a 1960 model. I was able to get a title already. They also issued me a Hull #. Now I can start with repairs and refinishing. I plan to use it for joy rides, up and down the Silver River near where I live. Life will be much easier on this ol'tin boat know.
Not really sure what color, I will paint it though.
I will power it with a new four stroke engine, maybe a Yamaha or Suzuki 6HP.
This boat is 11' 5" from bow to stern.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=343207#p343207 said:
shawanoki » 28 Feb 2014, 21:45[/url]"]Thanks for the help! I believe it is a Arkansas Traveler Explorer like you stated. From the factory advertisement, I think the boat is a 1960 model. I was able to get a title already. They also issued me a Hull #. Now I can start with repairs and refinishing. I plan to use it for joy rides, up and down the Silver River near where I live. Life will be much easier on this ol'tin boat know.
Not really sure what color, I will paint it though.
I will power it with a new four stroke engine, maybe a Yamaha or Suzuki 6HP.
This boat is 11' 5" from bow to stern.

Awesome! Glad to hear the good news! :D I'm currently modifying my 1961 Sea King PDUT built by Southwest MFG Co (AKA Arkansas Traveler) Mine is powered by a 2011 Tohatsu 4hp 4 stroke bought new in 2013 (new old stock) pushes my boat about 10mph fully loaded. Feel free to check it out in the Jon and V boat Conversions and Modifications section. Keep us posted looking forward to the finished product.

Latest posts