Help me with a battery please

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilkins26

Reaction score
I went to cabelas and wallmart for a battery and I think I'm dumber about batteries than when I went in there. So I'm looking for a batt that will power some led lights a fish finder and my 55lbs thrust trolling motor. Also if anyone has a good batt charger they like. Thank you in advance for all of your advice this site is a true life saver.
Mike

Wal mart.-
Everstart 31 series. : close to 100 bucks. if you only want to use one battery. But you will be limited on travel distance unless you have an outboard.

Everstart 24 series. Buy 2. They are around 70 bucks last i checked. Connect them in series. In other words positive to positive and negative to negative. The motor and accessories will pull off of both batteries this way.a little longer run time this way. Only carrying an extra 50 lbs of battery.

Forget WalMart . . . my bat is from Autozone and is maintained with a $5 float charger from Harbor Freight.
They both will last pretty much . . . F**O**R**E**V**E**R

Attachments

• Battery_Coupon.JPG
    Battery_Coupon.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 541
get a walmart battery. if u take it back less than 1 year than date on top they give u a new one no questions asked. i get 4 fresh ones a year. and if weights not an issue go for the highest number u can the higher the group number the bigger the batt and the more it will hold. watch for a charger that has like an overcharge protection or shuts its self off so u dont boil all the water out from over charging

don't hook/wire your FF up to the TM battery, you might/could/will get interference when you use the TM. Get a small 7ah deer feeder battery to power your FF and LED lights, will easily last all day/night. I've used WM TM batteries for several years, if they last 3-4 yrs, at a $100/pop, that's only $25-33/yr. Key to getting several yrs of use from a TM battery is proper maint, charging it up as soon as you get back from the water, checking the water levels, and keeping it charged up via a quality float type charger when not in use.

I have several Walmart Group 29 batteries that I have in 3 boats and one on my travel trailer. I have never come close to running them down while fishing or camping. the oldest is four years old now and only takes a very short time to recharge after a full days fishing with near constant use of a Minn Kota 40lb. I will buy more when these die. I think the last one was around $80.