Help on Hull decision... Please :o)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
~Ace~ said:
It's "Semi Welded" lol from what I can gather it was Lowe's Commercial type boat before going to the Roughneck, it's heavy gauge and mostly welded, but still has a few rivets. If you have a Fast puter, with Fast connection and Plenty of Ram, here are a bunch of pics https://www.tnpredators.com/boat

Looks good man. Tank for sure. Was there work done on the transom?

Yes, the Wood was removed and replaced with Alum, the only Wood left in the hull is a strip where he had the batteries at the back.

Just checked out that link with all the larger pics...boat looks great. Thats exactly what I am looking for - gonna have to start keeping my eyes open. Its a tank for sure. After seeing all those pics I dont think $2500 was all that high. Trailer seems to be in really good shape and the hull doesnt have issues that I can see.

I think I got my 1448 sold today so its time to start hunting for the replacement.

Nice rig. Reminds me of my Dads. Btw, he fishes TN river too.

I found some basic info like size, weight, etc. See link below.

How did you determine 65hp for remote?

The spec says it weighs 422 lbs (not including flooring), but I bet it will fly with just a 40hp.

Enjoy your new boat!
-jasper

https://www.iboats.com/Lowe_Boats__16_Husky_Jon__1987/bp/64b116639r0

"1987 Lowe Boats 16 Husky Jon
This Lowe outboard utility has a aluminum hull, is 16 feet long and 83 inches wide at the widest point. The boat weighs approximately 422 pounds with an empty fuel tank and without any gear or passengers. The maximum horsepower we have listed for this outboard boat is 40 hp..."

Whats the electrical outlets for,did he have a generator?
Theres a square patch on the port/bow,was that used for something?
Nice boat,do you have an outboard for it?

The recepts are wired 12 volt for his lighting, the plate on the side is attached to a arm that swings out for hauling in trotlines. Don't have a motor yet, will be looking soon as I pay off the hull lol.

If everything goes as planned, I'll be picking her up tomorrow, now to find a motor (thinking 70 Hp Rude) and start the Nickle / Dime me to death part of trying to get it in the water.

boatmot1.jpg

botmot2.jpg

botmot3.jpg

botmot4.jpg

Had it out the past 2 weeks, done very well. Top speed is far less then I expected (30 mph) but maybe the prop has something to do with that ? Holeshot is Great, on a plane instantly.

Latest posts