Help with beat up TM

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacks013

Reaction score
I got this TM free with my boat. It seems to work most of the time, but sometimes I have to hit the "GO" pedal a few times before it will start. I can hear the relay clicking but the prop doesn't move. Also the prop shuts off when I try to turn and then turns back on when i let off the steer pedal.

Should I try to make some kind of seal around where the battery and control wires go in? There is a little circuit board under there. It looks like it is somewhat water resistant, but I don't know if it is supposed to be left to the elements, as the other part of the housing is missing.

Attachments

• tm.jpg
    tm.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 537
If it's acting up every time you move the head by turning, I'd start by looking for a broken wire or loose connection that is being moved around when you try to steer.

You may need a new circuit board, as you cannot make repairs to the boards. I've read where the springs/contact points in the foot pedal go bad, or need cleaning as well, google your model of TM and see where that leads.