Hermine, $@%*!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that must have bee a huge amount of water coming through there. Looks like the trailer was a good bit away from the creek. Are they trying ot get federal money for that yet? Might make it easier to get money out of the insurance company.

Good luck.
Jamie

They still waiting for the rough estimates. If they declare it a disaster is a big if. Probably will happen before it's all said and done. Don't know that if they do wil mean anything for me but there are plenty of people who will need the help.

Well I got a call from the adjuster. Got to go meet him on Monday morning. He said he would be there between 8 am and noon. I have to meet him at the park show him where the trailer is. I gave him direction and GPS locations. He said he couldn't spot it. Don't think he tried too hard.

Met the adjuster today, not there there was any doubt but he declared it a total loss. Now starts the waiting game with the insurance people.

On a separate note 40 counties were declared disaster areas and the FEMA ruling should happen before too long. So there will be some relief for all those who were affected who were without insurance. A lot of people much worse off than me need some help.

Just got off the phone with insurance. Appraiser wants to deduct 50% of the value of the travel trailer because the manufacturer is no longer in business. They sold out to a company called Evergreen in 2009. Their justification is the travel trailer isn't valued as much cause their is no longer a warranty and the alleged parts availability is scarce since the manufacturer is not available. What a bunch of crap! I get parts for that thing anywhere they sell RV parts. In times like this it makes me think that Insurance is such a racket.

Nevillizer said:
Just got off the phone with insurance. Appraiser wants to deduct 50% of the value of the travel trailer because the manufacturer is no longer in business. They sold out to a company called Evergreen in 2009. Their justification is the travel trailer isn't valued as much cause their is no longer a warranty and the alleged parts availability is scarce since the manufacturer is not available. What a bunch of crap! I get parts for that thing anywhere they sell RV parts. In times like this it makes me think that Insurance is such a racket.

Tell them:

"au contraire my good friend, the fact that the manufacturer is no longer in business and parts might be scarce makes this particular travel trail a prized collectible." "Further, they might take notice that the Delorean car company is no longer in business and parts are, indeed, scarce, however, because they scarce they are now worth over $35,000.00 each"

Also, hire an attorney to help you out

Nevillizer said:

Just don't be in a hurry and don't cash any checks untill you get what you deserve. They will raise the price to close the case. The adjuster should fight for you. They did for me when my garage burned down.

If I understand the process correctly, I will have to hire my own appraiser to appraise the value to the travel trailer prior to the loss. Then my appraiser and the insurance company have to choose a third party mediator. :shock: I have to agree to abide by what ever the mediator decides. :roll: Then the mediators compares the information from my appraiser and the insurance company and makes a ruling. Additionally I am not able to recover any financial loss that I incur from disputing the claim. :evil: Up until now I have been very satisfied with my insurance company. ](*,) I hope they continue to treat me right and that this is just a hiccup.

I have my fingers crossed and I am thinking positive thoughts. 8-[

Nevillizer said:
If I understand the process correctly, I will have to hire my own appraiser to appraise the value to the travel trailer prior to the loss. Then my appraiser and the insurance company have to choose a third party mediator. :shock: I have to agree to abide by what ever the mediator decides. :roll: Then the mediators compares the information from my appraiser and the insurance company and makes a ruling. Additionally I am not able to recover any financial loss that I incur from disputing the claim. :evil: Up until now I have been very satisfied with my insurance company. ](*,) I hope they continue to treat me right and that this is just a hiccup.

I have my fingers crossed and I am thinking positive thoughts. 8-[

You need to look at the terms of your policy to see if this is what you agreed to do when you purchased that policy - each policy can be different. I suggest seeking legal assistance to at least get proper advice.

I have read it cover to cover. They are doing exactly what it says. I spoke with a buddy of mine who is a tax attorney who said he would help me out if looks like it's gonna get ugly. Again, I'm thinking happy thoughts. That all of this is just them following their procedures and protocols, and everything will turn out alright.

Looks like a pretty nice trailer. How much is a similiar one right now from the same vintage? Should be able to get at least replacement cost for the buggy, the personal items are where the fight's going to be...

Might not win them all, but you should get something other than a poke in the eye...

Jamie

Just goes to show once again why the biggest buildings in the biggest cities are insurance buildings.

Nev....Sorry about the loss. Thank god nobody was in the camper for that kind of ride. Keep your cool with the Insurance company and just be frank...Like "sorry but that is un satisfactory sir/mam...If that don't work, kindly explain to them you will be following up with an attorney and the BBB. There is no room for this kind of Stuff when your paying for a service. Good luck man.

So, I just got of the phone with the insurance people again. Some how the claim got lost in the "third party" appraisers system who conducts the evaluation. My insurance company called them for a follow up on the claim and the response was "We have no record of that being completed, must have gotten lost in the email." According to her, my insurance person, she put it on the fast track to speed up the process. I am getting the feeling that there must be an alternative motive for the delay. :evil:

Sounds typical, insurance is just a gambling racket. They bet that they'll make more on premiums vs. payouts so they love to get your money, hate to give it back...

I've generally found that when it's involving large amounts of money and a reluctant insurance company, a lawyer on my side can greatly speed up the process.

Ranchero50 said:
Sounds typical, insurance is just a gambling racket. They bet that they'll make more on premiums vs. payouts so they love to get your money, hate to give it back...

When hurricane Hugo came through SC in 1989 I witnessed the insurance companies cheating homeowners out of their insurance by telling them the damage caused to their home was caused by the condition they were not covered for. There would be ten houses on the street and if four did not have flood insurance those four would be found to have been damaged by water and not covered. The other houses would be damaged by wind or whatever the owner was not covered for. They were trying to get cut their losses any way they could. You need to ask questions about your policy to make sure you are covered for "ANY" event that can happen during a storm.

In times like this it makes me think that Insurance is such a racket.

x2. you pay them every month but when its time for them to pay up theres always an excuse. i hate nothing more than insurance companys....

If I were in your shoe's I'd already have a laywer talking to the insurance instead of them feeding me abunch of bs. gonna cost alittle but it will save you alot in the end. they are going to do everything they can to low-ball you

Latest posts