hinges, hinges, hinges..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russo

Reaction score
i've been looking all over for decent hinges
i see some people have used normal storm door hinges
some use the piano/slim style ones

but my big question is.. are you guys using stainless steel or just normal home depot hinges?
if so, is there somewhere online that you guys are getting them from?

thankssss

russo said:
i've been looking all over for decent hinges
i see some people have used normal storm door hinges
some use the piano/slim style ones

but my big question is.. are you guys using stainless steel or just normal home depot hinges?
if so, is there somewhere online that you guys are getting them from?

thankssss

I used home cheapo... actually lowes. I will just replace them for a buck or two if they get bad.

hmm good point, guess i didnt think about it that way
i wonder if i can just spray them with a clearcoat and keep them well lubed to avoid corrosion
my boat will be covered and not getting soaked (or staying wet) at all

I posted stainless hinges.com, but hadn't ordered at that time. The price is great for the hinges, but the shipping is outrageous. I think they want big orders, and would charge the same shipping for one hinge, or for a pallet of hinges.

But, I did find a place that does sell them at a reasonable price, and the shipping is reasonable. I got in a few a couple weeks ago from aircraftspruce.com. Been getting clecos from them, but never thought about getting hinges until then.

where u located if ur close i have some stainless and some alum. piano hinges 2x2x various lengths let me know later :mrgreen:

...to each their own, but I'd opt the stainless, especially being here in SWFL. Paying that little bit extra will pay off in the long run. :mrgreen:

~LCA.

Another option, and these are what I went for, are aluminum continuous hinges. Lighter than stainless, and easier to work (I got undrilled and will punch my own holes, stainless is a pain to work with. But, they sell them either way).

hey guys... i live about an hour and a half from that store and am probably going to be making a run there with in the next few weeks... maybe we can work something out if we can figure how to get them from me to you lol.

Latest posts