How fast can you be out of the house and on the water?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live smack dab in the urban jungle. Having said that, I can be on the closest body of water utilizing the closest ramp to said river in about 30-45 minutes. If I want to hit a lake (which I do most) It takes at minimum 1-1/2 to 2 hours. That is with the only prep being loading rods n tackle and unplugging the battery charger. Normally Murphy steps in with his dumb law and I have to change a trailer light, give the car used to block the drive where the boat is stored so it isn't stolen a jump (assuming the hood on the piece of junk opens) makes the whole thing longer. :lol:

Aahhh city life! :LOL2:

It all depends on whether it is a planned trip of a spur of the moment thing.

Depending on the time of year, the preferred tackle is already in the boat and I have an onboard charger. All I have to do is take off the cover, unplug the charger and hook to the truck.

If it is a preplanned trip, all of that is done the night before so all I have to do is hop in the truck and drive to the general area where I want to fish (closest launch is approx. 12 miles away).

wasilvers said:
Wow! I see I have been leaving fishing time on the table here. I think I'm going to move the boat in the garage and keep it loaded up and ready to go. Rignt now it's outside so I keep my tackle, poles, life vests, etc in the garage. Funny, I only have a 3 car garage and park 0 cars in there. Time for a cleaning!

A garage is not for cars! I was looking at houses in Charleston and I noticed that they either have 0, 1, or 2 car garage. I told the wife that we need a 2 car garage minimum. She said "so my car and your boat will park in it?" I replied "no so my current boat and my new boat can park in it" ;)

When I map a route on Google Maps from my house to my "home lake", it gives me the option of choosing walking directions, if that tells you anything 8) It's a small 1000+ acre lake but convenient as heck.

Boat stays ready, but it still takes me about 20 minutes from the time I walk out the front door.

danmyersmn said:
wasilvers said:
Wow! I see I have been leaving fishing time on the table here. I think I'm going to move the boat in the garage and keep it loaded up and ready to go. Rignt now it's outside so I keep my tackle, poles, life vests, etc in the garage. Funny, I only have a 3 car garage and park 0 cars in there. Time for a cleaning!

A garage is not for cars! I was looking at houses in Charleston and I noticed that they either have 0, 1, or 2 car garage. I told the wife that we need a 2 car garage minimum. She said "so my car and your boat will park in it?" I replied "no so my current boat and my new boat can park in it" ;)

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Priceless!! :LOL2: I've never used a garage for cars. Used to have one big enough for a Skeeter ZX225 with a swingaway tongue; my current garage has enough room for my tools, workbench and 2 motorcycles :mrgreen:

Captain Ahab said:
danmyersmn said:
wasilvers said:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:twisted: I have a good amount of productive water near me so I would say about 20-30 minutes max from hooking up the boat, loading and getting in the water.

If I have everything ready the night before and straight out door in truck and no stops to lakes:

45 mins to fav ramp on Barkley:
55 mins to fav ramp on Ky Lake;
32 mins to Lake Beshears only has 1 ramp:
34 mins to State ramp on Lake Malone:
1 hr to Nolin Res. state ramp:
1 hr to Rough River Lake state ramp:
15 mins to ramp on Green River:
8 mins to closest Strip Pit with Ramp:
25 mins to 3 huge Strip Pits ( I ain't telling where they're at I catch to many good fish outta them [-X ):
And if I want to just fish a Strip pit and not take boat I can walk out the door and be at one in 3 mins caught a bunch of good fish outta this lil pit from the bank when I only got maybe a lil bit of time to fish before i retired i use to leave 30 to 45 mins early and wet a line in this lil pit before work.... Caught lots of 3 to 5 before i got to work best way to start a day in my opinion............................JIGGY

Latest posts