HOW MUCH GLUVITS TO GET?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEER TIME

Reaction score
All right everybody I took your advice and tore up the floor and sure glad I did! the foam was like a block of ice, worse than I thought. I will be replacing the rivets that look bad but the PO tried to put silicone and jb weld on some if it. But I want to gluvit the inside. 2 question is should I just do the seams and rivets inside or do I have to do the entire floor. its a 16 foot lund how much should I get to do this? Thanks everybody!

I think the qt size of gluvit should be plenty. I did 2 coats on 2/3rds of my 16' lund last year, first coat was seams and rivets second was whole floor. If I was going to do it again I think I would only do the seams and rivets. I am in middle of total resto on mine and will only do that on the back section and probably paint floor after. What kind of lund do you have? We like pictures!

Seams and rivets, one quart should be enough to do up to a 16' boat.

X2 just seams and rivets......Available in 2 lb and 8 lb kits. Expect a 2 lb unit of Gluvit to cover 25-35 square feet, when applied at 6-8 mils. An 8 lb unit covers 100-130 square feet at the same thickness. You only need the smaller kit.