How NOT to tow a trailer!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fowlmood77

Reaction score
Went down to the river today to let the hound get his feet wet

IMG_0530.jpg

and as I was leaving, I caught a glimps of something terribly wrong #-o So I put her and reverse to confirm my disbelief. Luckily I had the camera so I just had to take a pic. But before you look at the picture, I have a question.

What's a fella to do if he has got a 1 7/8" trailer tongue but only has a 2" ball on the hitch?
Well this guy came up with this......

IMG_0537.jpg

Man thats just not right, instead of buying a new ball hed rather rather take a chance of something seriously bad happening, he needs to get his A*s pulled over and given a citation.

Oh crap...He just wants someone to file an insurance claim against him then a lawsuit, but judging by how cheap this ba$tard is, he probably doesnt have any insurance.

wow, you should have taken a pic of his license plate and sent it to the police......what an idiot.

doesn't look like the lights were hooked up either...what was on the trailer boat ...seadoo?

I bet that rope costed most than a new ball would have. What an idiot! #-o

Hey, Guys...sometimes when a thief goes out to steal a boat and trailer...the trailer hitch doesn't always fit their auto's ball! No lazy thief is going to go to a local auto store and buy and change to the correct size ball! :shock: :shock:

Not that I'm saying that applies in this case! :D

The boat's owner must have really, really wanted to put his boat in the water that day. [-X [-X

There's a locking device that locks the ball mount to the hitch that I've thought about getting. basically, no matter if the hitch is locked to the truck, all someone has to do is unscrew the ball from your hitch (while it's still attached to the traileer tongue) and attach it to their hitch that doesn't have a ball) and drive away. :shock:

Here's one I found randomly on the web:
https://www.tommylock.com/trailer-hitch-locks.html

If you never change your ball, you could always spot weld it so no one can unscrew it.

Latest posts