Huntinfool's 1860 Tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huntinfool said:
hunterguy86 said:
Nice boat!

Where did you end up mounting the transducer for the new fish finder a few pages back? Transom mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes sir. I mounted it just inside the sponsons.
ac5d76e98ff85e0f2c24eb16137e5112.jpg

You can see the wire going down right next to the sponson.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I may have to try that. I have sponsons on my 1450 xpress.

Any problems with it mounted there?

Thanks

Any chance you could find me a center console like yours. Only asking cause you said yall do warranty work. Also how is the grip on the compartment working. And what kind of paint did you use on bottom to camo?

thursdaymike said:
Any chance you could find me a center console like yours. Only asking cause you said yall do warranty work. Also how is the grip on the compartment working. And what kind of paint did you use on bottom to camo?
I can see if they have anything.
Grip is still hanging on.
Pain is just some rattle can. Nothing special. Some of it was on there from the previous owner. I added some more, and I've been thinking about doing even more.

hunterguy86 said:
huntinfool said:
It does spray some, but not a problem for me.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll stop hijacking your thread now lol

No worries. Questions don't bother me. Glad I can help. I know what it's like to tackle a new project and doing it blind.

I should have gone fishing today, but it's the last weekend if archery season and my last chance to shoot two does for the freezer.

Wish me luck. I've got some more ideas for the boat, probably start on those soon.

Well, I guess hunting was the right decision.
4c82685e4abd64887cdfabd0ca5630f2.jpg

e517049a5f0994f94de6378e6e03af40.jpg

Not the biggest, but good enough. It'll eat real good.

So my dad decided he wanted to try and build a boat with a jet ski motor in it.
1d113a9e9fbf2c30e2d0fd602771b5a7.jpg

ef840aadd1961d933f23e53be1138ab9.jpg

0a625235eac1b8ef19081ac289bcd056.jpg

Here's what he ended up with.

We took it out for a maiden voyage and she didn't do so well.

First we have some leaks.
Second the carbs seem to bog down the motor ( not enough fuel) and need to be adjusted.

Third the ski he got was used exclusively in salt water and over heated rather quickly and shut down.

Working on fixing these problems and get her back on the water.

I did catch some fish.
93f9dcbea3fda28c85356e6033aaa70e.jpg

ad3466ede2d8049ee443a83f1d3adefb.jpg

e8c2f053c1eaba39e013acf0dc7cfcf0.jpg

74ef23ee2a387a9ddf6b56c944b83832.jpg

All in all a good day.

Put a new motor in the jet John and she ran up to 30 mph.
Took my boat out today and caught some fish.

I am starting to have a problem.ive got a new battery in my boat, but when I try and start it, it's turns over fast for 3-5 seconds and then acts like the battery is dead. I've cleaned all wires and replaced the main cables. No clue where to go from here.
2c3b6e0c626398e9189442b33007ae49.jpg

I've got an tracker 1860 and was wondering what size/pitch prop you are running and what speeds you got?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

huntinfool said:
I am starting to have a problem.ive got a new battery in my boat, but when I try and start it, it's turns over fast for 3-5 seconds and then acts like the battery is dead. I've cleaned all wires and replaced the main cables. No clue where to go from here.

Sounds like a loose connection. When you first start turning it over there is a good connection and then as the wires/connections heat up the connection is lost making it sound like a dead battery. I would go through them again and check to see if a connection is loose. Soon after trying to start it, feel your cables and connections for a hot spot somewhere. When you find heat that will be your area of concern. If you have a voltmeter hook it up to your battery and try to start it. The voltage should drop a volt or two as you are trying to start it. If it comes back up and your starter slows, you have a loose connection. If the voltage drops drastically the battery is dead. If you have a loose connection, move your voltmeter positive leads to the next junction or connector and do it again. When you find one that drops drastically that will be your loose connection. Be aware it could be on either the positive or negative side of the cables and not just the positive.

Replaced all cables ( larger wire and new eyelets) and all connections are tight. Replaced the the solenoid and wire from the solenoid to the starter.
The ground wire on the solenoid was melted ( probably from when I was stranded ) so that was replaced with a slightly larger wire.
The starter was new and installed last year. ( Who knows what the connections are like inside)
I'll try the voltage test.

I ended up getting a new starter and so far that seems to have fixed all my problems.

Got a hog hunt in 2 weeks, so I'll know more then.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk