i need a wiring diagram

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What russ has done is put light sockets at the front and the back of his boat. Run the power from you bus bar or distribution block to each of them. This way they have power all the time. They usually have some type of plug or cover so that they won't get water in them. When you plug in the light then you already have power and they come on.

Picture 1 is of the socket that would work.

Picture 3 is of the front navigation lights that will plug into these sockets

However, if you choose to go with a permanet type light like the one in picture 2 then you will need to wire up some sort of switch.

I would recommend even if you go with a permanet front mount that you should go with a removable anchor light so it won't be in the way during the day time. It should be at least 3ft higher than anything else on the boat. (I think)light socket.jpg

Attachments

• removable lights.jpg
    removable lights.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,671
  • navigation lights.jpg
    navigation lights.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,671
nbaffaro said:
What russ has done is put light sockets at the front and the back of his boat. Run the power from you bus bar or distribution block to each of them. This way they have power all the time. They usually have some type of plug or cover so that they won't get water in them. When you plug in the light then you already have power and they come on.

Picture 1 is of the socket that would work.

Picture 3 is of the front navigation lights that will plug into these sockets

However, if you choose to go with a permanet type light like the one in picture 2 then you will need to wire up some sort of switch.

I would recommend even if you go with a permanet front mount that you should go with a removable anchor light so it won't be in the way during the day time. It should be at least 3ft higher than anything else on the boat. (I think)View attachment 2

Ok that makes more sense. Thanks Guys.

good job nbaffaro! =D>

He right, I would go with removable for the front and back. If you have a trolling motor in the front, it's better to have a front nav light with a pole about 12" tall so that it sits above your trolling motor head and can be seen from all directions.

I also like taking out the back nav light - that sucker gets in the way during the day if you're trying to throw side armed with a spinning reel or if you are trying to pitch.

Hey, don't ever hesitate to ask a question... no better place than here to get an answer. You can call me anytime too - 404.694.4689

great answers guys i didnt have time to come o here and check out some posts. i bured from welding for some reason i had mask and rest of the gear but man i tell ya i couldnt open my eyes for 2 days sucks anyways im back started working again on my boat today.. i will also need some wiring diagrams for my 18ft.. keep up the good work guys ..;)

Reminder

Make sure you place a fuse for each positive wire you run from the battery, place close to battery to protect all of your wiring and items that they supply.

For the trolling motor use the recommended circuit breaker.

PhilM said:
Reminder

Make sure you place a fuse for each positive wire you run from the battery, place close to battery to protect all of your wiring and items that they supply.

For the trolling motor use the recommended circuit breaker.

Circut Breaker - is that a busbar? What is it?

these breakers work in the same manner as those in your house...

If for some reason your battery decides it wants to give more amp than it's supposed to, or you have a power surge, and the Trolling motor is looking for 40 amps, you would put a 50amp breaker inline... if more than 50amps come from the battery, this breaker will trip (break the circuit) so that no power is going to the trolling motor. To reset it, all you do is flip a little switch inside it

rusmir said:
Nice thats smart . My mini kota is only 50lb thrust. What breaker do i need

I dunno... most trolling motors can pull up to 55amp, so I would go with a 60amp, but that's just me. Like I said, I don't worry with those things

rusmir said:
Ok so 55 it is

you might look to go to a 60... a few extra amps won't hurt, but if it's pulling 55amps, and your breaker is a 55amp, you're going to be doing a whole lot of resetting.. if you are going to get one, get no less than a 60amp