I own a tin boat because:

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....I can tow it with my v6 impala

When the car upgrades, the boat will upgrade :BS:

There are several reasons why I like the tins and the number one reason is “They are only about a forth the weight of their fiberglass counter parts” I can poll up on a shallow flat and only draft about 6in in a 17 tin were my 17 glass boat drafts about 50% more.

It might not seem like a bunch a different but to a flats fisherman it’s everything. \:D/

:twisted: they rule here in South Jersey. =D> I fish a bunch of shallow water with plenty of hazards down below. I never worry about getting scratches or dents on my rig.

because i found mine at a garage sale for super duper 100 dollar bill cheap.
i could afford that.
then i found a craigslist special .. like new mercury 25 bigfoot.
I've enjoyed this tin boat.. cheap and fun out on the water..

cuz I would much rather fish than clean and primp boat.I fish shallow many times(too shallow) .alu is light enough to man handle(drag) to more water.I can do most alu. work (mods)myself except for some welds .I ain't( that good) The only glass boat I had that I would have again is the old style 13 Whaler, aqua-blue inside.. bottom at stern was pretty flat super stable, and light enough to man handle.And easy to clean cause all corners are rounded...cva34

My jet can get me to places I will not take my Stratos.......and it is fun to run though places and have people staring cause they think you are about to ruin a prop, little do they know I don't have a prop to begin with! 8)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318601#p318601 said:
fender66 » Today, 07:38[/url]"]Because.......I want to be cool like Ahab and Popeye!

ahab and popeye have tin boats ?
ha ... didn't know that.

love them. light easy to tow and launch. i too fish alone alot so the glass boats are a pita to center on the trailer.

easy on gas, both towing and running on the water.

so i have : 12 foot wide valco, 14 foot gregor, and a 16 foot bayrunner. they all are tinny's and i like it that way. :)

dino

At this point in my life a tin boat suits my style of fishing/hunting better than anything else. I've had the big glass boats (18 to 25') and they are nice, up to a point. My little (16') tin boat doesn't have a 400 watt stereo or a 250 hp engine but it gets me to where I want to fish and hunt.
With all of that said I also rely on my canoe when the tin won't get me where I want to go. I find that the older I get the more I want to be AWAY from everyone else, not sitting on a sandbar partying with them..... Tin Boats RULE!!

I own a tin because I fish alot of smaller lakes, as well as 10hp and under. Plus they are easier to tow, and I enjoy building them. If I ever need or want to fish from a glass boat, my father has one I can use. :)

It is lighter weight than fiberglass and it does not rot like the stringers in fiberglass can. But mainly because of weight, saves gas in car and in boat, plus easier to winch up and pull with my 4 banger.
Fiberglass does have some advantages though.
Tim

I have nowhere to store a glass boat, I won't pay to store one and I love to fish ponds.

Latest posts