Im in Shock Still!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
This happened on Tuesday and still I cant get it out of my head...Here Goes.

I was leaving my client In Stamford CT (I live in Mass). I stop at the first intersection, and it is a T intersection. I was first at the red light and I could only go Left or right. Can you picture it? Anyway.....The light turns green for the others, and I was stuck at the red light. Mind you now, I am semi paying attention, oblivious to whats going on around me. I look up and see a little compact car to my left and a Big Chevy Avalanche on the right. The compact car was going straight, the Avalanche was taking a left. The compact car goes, and then the avalnche takes the left....he did not see this old little foreigner on the bicycle behind the compact car and frickin leveled him in front of my car 10 FEET AWAY. Holy ****! I saw this with my own eyes. The guy on the bike had no chance. The Avalanche hit him so hard that the dude lost his shoes, totaled his bike and could not walk.

Needless to say My light turned green and I left. From the rearview I could see people stopping to help, even the guy with the Avalanche was in shock.
The noise of the body slapping against the hood of the car (like a deer), still rings in my head.

Man that sucks - I was gonna ride my bicycle to my local stream but I think I will either walk or wait for the wife to get back with the car :shock:

WOW! :shock:
I spent a lot of time riding a bicycle in the city(Chicago) and a motorcycle everywhere and one things for sure, you're totally invisible. I now travel in a cocoon of German Engineer steel. Man, I'd have a hard time getting that out of my head too, I prescribe some extended piscatorial meditation to clear your head.

That sucks man, at some point you get over it.

I remember i was sitting at a intersection down the cape and the light was red. and i was about 8- 10 car lenght from the red light, the cars on the other side of the intersection had a green light to go and you can hear a motorcycle revin up to go, and next thing you heard was a light bang then a second later you heard a huge bang, while i was sitting in my old truck on my drivers side window i was watching this motorcycle pass right by me only couple of feet away, all you heard was the bike grinding down the street, then after the motorcycle passes me then the driver passes right by my truck and im watching him slide right by on his *** and hands. i guess a car didnt see him and cliped him. when you see stuff like that, it shakes you up.

Latest posts