Iversons Liquid Medicine

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, progress has been halted temporarily for the week... We had a major storm come through earlier this week. News said that it was just straight line winds, but I say that it was tornado that didn't touch down. I watched one of my neighbors flag pole get yanked out of the ground, and down the road at another neighbors house there is a 3-4 foot diameter tree that was uprooted from somewhere and landed in their back yard... I am pretty sure straight line winds wouldn't do that. I believe the straight line winds story is just a cover up for no sirens going off and etc. Our roofs sustained some damage so I have been dealing with Insurance stuff all week.

Here is some of the damage on the house:
4520274b-4641-4e71-af96-f6f55cdebe45.jpg

I was in my garage when it came through... it only lasted about 10 minutes rain and all, then it was gone. While I was in the garage I heard the rain start, so I just thought here is that thunderstorm that was supposed to come through. Well, the bottom dropped out. I could hear quarter size hail hitting everything, some larger. Next thing I new a crash, thump, skid went across the roof... this really got my attention. I went to open the door to see what was going on and the wind was so strong I got pulled out side... luckily I still had a hold of the door. Granted I was caught off guard, but I am 230 lbs... no small feet to just pull me out the door. At any rate I shut the door back and waited until a few minutes until the worst part was over and made my way to the house to make sure everyone was alright. A couple of minutes later it was all over with, rain and all. I went back out to see the damage, and wondering what hit my garage. A trampoline... Found it in the ditch behind my shop.

75734fbf-0d8e-4bbd-a638-8b0176283864.jpg

Here is where it hit my shop:
e712d38d-575f-4343-9e77-d88292bf06d9.jpg

We got all kinds of hail damage on the roof also. Here is another shot:
5a848095-c41b-4029-befd-70b0e67ffcd1.jpg

All is good, everyone is OK and no one that I know got hurt. Insurance Adjuster came out today and they are going to pay to have both roofs replaced.

On a good note... I did get to spend just a little time teaching my daughter how to use a sander on the new transom. She is only 3, but she loves working on this boat. She cant wait to go fishing in it.
photo.jpg

We got lucky at my house. No damage here. I was actually driving when the wind hit me broadside at full force. Scared me pretty good. I did end up repairing my grandpa's tractor shed roof. That took me two days.

I'm gonna be around Oxford tomorrow. Me and some friends are going to Morris Mountain for the Shamrock Run. Given that you have 4x4 as part of your name, I assume you know about Morris Mountain. :mrgreen:

If you happen to be there and see a late 90s Lexus 450 on 37" MTRs go by, stop any yell at me. I'll probably be riding shotgun.

wingsnhammers said:
We got lucky at my house. No damage here. I was actually driving when the wind hit me broadside at full force. Scared me pretty good. I did end up repairing my grandpa's tractor shed roof. That took me two days.

I'm gonna be around Oxford tomorrow. Me and some friends are going to Morris Mountain for the Shamrock Run. Given that you have 4x4 as part of your name, I assume you know about Morris Mountain. :mrgreen:

If you happen to be there and see a late 90s Lexus 450 on 37" MTRs go by, stop any yell at me. I'll probably be riding shotgun.
Oh yeah - I know Morrison Mountain! One of my best freind's cousin actually owns the land. You may know him, Dustin Harrelson. (He used to drive the John Deer Green Jeep - had the John Deer logo on the tail gait and Super Swamper tread across the hood.) We used to ride out there all the time. The 200 acres that butts Morris Mountain is where we do all of our hunting. If its not raining I may be out that way doing some Turkey Hunting. I actually just sold my last off road ride :( I had a 89 Suzuki Samurai on 35" TSL's. Nothing Speacial but a good trail beater... slows as all get out but would climb a tree!

76e4b556-55c0-466a-8e38-960cb8e5b41f.jpg

I have had my share of trail rigs. One F150 on 35's, another F150 on 38's, the Samurai on 35's, and now just my Daily Driver - Dodge Ram on 33's. It's got the biggest engine yet the smallest tires! It'll do what I need it to, not too much on trail riding anymore. Cost too much! I still like to watch and ride along with others as they tear their stuff up though!

If I get out that way I'll come give you a hollar!

Well, now that I am getting some of my electrical parts in I realized my little wiring sketch was wrong, and way too simplified! I drew up the new schematic on my Auto-CAD program. I got one of my buddies that has a degree in DC Electrical Engineering to take a look at my schematic, and he said I was good to go. There is way too much information on this to put on a 600 pixel width picture, but here it is anyway. You can see the major difference from the first one, HA! This one makes the other one look like childs play!!

0644748c-7a4d-4aa7-b924-2bd6accb634e.jpg

I have decided that I want to make up my own switch panel instead of having a hodgepodge of different switch panels next to each other. I am just going to remove the toggle switches and rocker switches from the panels I have and use them in this one. I have access to a laser cutter so I am going to have this cut out. The one on the top is the panel fully assembled, and the one on the bottom is the cut pattern.

41d2eb77-2ebc-4c49-a253-f089511d4144.jpg

ccb6f17c-40c1-45f9-b7ff-50b47afb4f7e.jpg

Latest posts