Jac Plate Settings

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyLowe1546

Reaction score
I just recently installed a bobs versa tilt and jac plate with the hydraulic tilt and manual jac on my 1546 Lowe today which is powered by a 2018 25 mercury with a 12.5 pitch prop the entire jac plate with pump weighs about 60 ponds. I tried the Boat out for the first time today and im having a few problems after installing it. My performance has been cut in half it seems like before the jac plat I was able to run a consistent 27 mph loaded at wot. Now with the motor height set 1" above the transom as it was before the jac plat my time to on plane is longer my top speed was barley 26mph with very very very little cavitation while planning and at wot I'm getting a lot of spray and the power trim doesn't seen to work when up on plane the motor wont trim up and with it trimmed all the way down it's porpissing like crazy. The boat rigged from Lowe has two battery's and charger and now a bobs hydraulic pump for the trim and tilt rigged in the back of the boat and the 6 gallon fuel tank strapped down up forward just behind the casting deck and on the bow I have a motor guide trolling motor. I am seeking anyone who has any knowledge on how to go about dialing in a jac plate for optimal performance. I greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to read this and respond.

Thanks

Marty.

How much set back is your jackplate? Once it’s moved back farther off the transom the engine needs to come up some more. Sounds like it’s too deep to me.

Its 6.5" off the transom think I got it all dialed in today my top speed before the jack plate was 27mph loaded at wot and now I'm getting 28mph I really appreciate the reply.