John's River Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the pics and ideas. I will have an approx 0.080 - 0.090 space under the foam, but think I will add some cross cuts to facilitate even better side to drain rib draining.

My game plan is to seal off all possible entry of water, but if it get in, has a way to drain out.

Pitting from water not evaperating? Saltwater? Acid rain?

Made a little progress during the week, by getting all the vynel strips laid down.

Fishing got in the way of boat building: https://www.joefishin.com/MarchMadness.html

MMad05.jpg

Another day of fishing with a 3 day total of 103!

As far as the boat, the three slightly used tan/sand tempress seats arrived today.

Got the following done this weekend:

- Final fit of foam.

- Used PL300 for foam board to hold in place.

- Laid out and cut and fit sides and bottom section.

- Installed alum sides, screws and 5200.

- Installed alum floor, 5200 on all ribs and side lip.

- Screwed in place, all screws sealed w/5200.

- Final sealing of floor/side joint w/5200.

- Went thru about 150 screws.

Next up:

- getting side caps bent to form.

- bend ends over fron and rear rib, screw in.

- start work in bow nose. needs to be done before front deck work to start.

Can't decide which impresses me more....the smallie you caught or the boat project. Both...very nice!

We sure have some talent on this forum! =D>

Thx for the positive comments! This site is great and many great projects for inspiration.

If I could only have one, I would always pick good fishing. If you are catching a ton of fish, you'd never notice how ugly the boat was. :D

Took the sheet metal back to the yard. They cut off two 4" by 10' pieces, and bent two angles in it to make the angled side caps. bad news, this srap yard does not sell scap to the public, just buys. Even though I could see pieces of alum ext ladders sticking out of some of the containers, couldn't purchase it.

New 1.5" x 1/8" alum angle is $1.75 a foot. 1.5" x 1/8" alum square tubing is $3.50 a foot. Probably going to get a ladder on craigs list.

I've watched this mod since the start and I'm really impressed by the attention to detail and workmanship You've shown. =D> =D> I'm also looking to see if there's any ideas I can borrow when I get to the floor in my boat. You've accomplished an interior that is a dream to many of us. Thanks for the example , Please Carry On!! Oh ya, Great pics and of course we want more.

You might have mentioned this before, why did you put foam under the floor?

WOW, its been ten years since I did this build. :shock: Unfortunatly allot of the pictures apear to be lost. :( Boat has held up very well. The transom was replaced about 4 years ago. The OEM used treated wood and there were numerous "worm" tracks in the aluminum that was in contact with it. Used double layer of 3/4" Ext plywood with Gluvit on metal surfaces and wood. Solid as a rock, and still is.

I also used those 1/2" fatigue mats from HF, with a ribbed rubber covering over top. That has been great on the feet/legs with long days of fishing. I will post some better pictures in the near future. The one below is just after spring uncovering.

I added a trolling motor direction indicator for night time bass fishing. See: LED TM Direction Indicator

Also will be adding intertier red leds, along with led nav lights. Along with a bunch of little fixes. This boat is being relagated to flat water, after my son bought a G3 Jet. :) I guess it is John's Lake Jon, now. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_5988.jpg
    IMG_5988.jpg
    703.4 KB · Views: 253

Latest posts