Johnson/Evinrude Part Numbers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doodlebug

Reaction score
I recently got an OMC parts catalog for my 81 70hp Johnson. When I go to order parts from various vendors, however, it seems that none of the part numbers match what is in my catalog. Does anyone know if OMC changed their part numbers at some point in the past? If they did, is their some sort of cross reference to the new numbers available. Thanks

Johnny said:
have you tried to cross reference any of the parts
against Marine Engine website ? Just put in your model number.

https://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1981&hp=70&model=J70ELCIM
Yes I did, but when I look at their part number and the part number in my parts manual, it's different.

Part numbers are routinely superseded as necessary. In other words the numbers in your decades old parts manual do not exist any more for some of the parts. With an engine that is 35 calendar years old this is to be expected. The parts should be there but the numbers have been changed.
An authorized dealer can look up the parts in seconds on a computer and order for you.
They can take your old part number, type it in, and it will automatically update to the latest number for that part.
Marine Engine parts breakdowns are also up to date.

Latest posts