Just bought a boat, what do i NEED to know?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a mod on a 14' tinney about 20 years back and yes it was fun!! I used aluminum angle and attached each piece to the tank seat near the bottom, then spanned my plywood floor between each seat. I used a 7 layer 5/8" exterior plywood and it held the weight of two men without issue. I didnt have to worry about ribs or other supports. The aluminum angle was riveted to the seat and a few SS screws to hokd the floor in place was all I needed. Also found another product for sealing leaks, it us called " leak stopper" a clear flexible roof coating/ sealer that you paint on. Did my old very leaky jon boat with this stuff about 5 years back. The ribs in the bottom of the boat were litterly worn thru from dragging it over sand and rocks. I used an aluminum welding rod forvp the big cracks and coated the entire bottom both inside and outside with the leak stopper and not one leak to this day. The paint has rubbed thru because it still gets dragged thru sand and rocks butvthe leakvsealer has not come off!! You can find it at tractor supply and home depot if your interested. I cut a big U shape out of the middle seat to create a walkthru almost down to my new floor which kept the original frame work in tact as support for that center seat area. Post pics so we can watch your progress, and please dont hesitate to ask any questions you might have....good luck!!!

Latest posts