Kids Fishing Festival

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drjkl1

Reaction score
I put on a kids fishing festival, just because. Because I like to see kids catch fish and enjoy time with their parents. All they had to do was show up. I bough the rod/reel combos, bait, etc, fed them lunch, and got them access to a private pond at a youth camp where I volounteer, and had about 20 volounteers help them fish. 2 kids who were brothers caught over 100 sun fish, which is the only type of fish in this pond, except for a few catfish. It was 39 degrees and windy but the sunnies cooperated and the kids had a blast. Wanted to share

Attachments

• DSC00840small.JPG
    DSC00840small.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00880small.JPG
    DSC00880small.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00889small.JPG
    DSC00889small.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 195
AWESOME! I work with kids too it is so much fun watching the excitement in their eyes... several of the kids from my camps come find me and tell me about their fishing adventures. Keep up the good work!

Way to go man!!! Thats a nice size whisker fish, tell her WOW!!! :shock: and that I'm jealous.

FYI, it was all catch and release. There is one old whisker fish in that pond nearly 3' long. Hes got so many hooks coming out of his lips he looks like and old punk rocker. Hes grabbed my little feather jigs I use for the sunnies and bent them straight more than once. I have permission to put some bass from a friends lake into this pond and if they survive they'll have a ton of sunfish to fatten up on. The lake has toooo many bass, not enough forage, so a lot of the 15-16" bass I catch look like tubes instead of having nice big old pot bellies. 3 of the 4 guys who own this private lake just ski and could care less about the bass, nrthrn pike, and hybrid bass who need food & the 4th guy (my friend) just got taken to the cleaners by his ex to the tune of 2 million dollars so he can't afford the coin to dump in forrage fish. Hence I need to move some bass to new homes.

Latest posts