Lake Lanier 7/23

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutman3000

Reaction score
It was got even when I got there at 5:15am. Mostly sunny and 96 degrees by noon with a heat index of 106.

Hooked into this one about 7:30 and couldn't talk anymore into taking the whole bait the rest of the day, meaning 10:00am it was so hot.

I saw some schooling activity but couldnt get any takers for my topwater. The fish were active though.

Also thanks to Oakwood Bait Shop I paid for 2 dozen Herring and must have gotten closer to 3 1/2 or so. Remember to rebait often the heat has them dying pretty quickly.

What do you think this one weighed? It was 32.5 inches long. The fish calculator says 16.7lbs.

SAM_0206.jpg

SAM_0202.jpg

SAM_0207.jpg

Congrats man. That's a nice un. I'd say the fish calculator is spot on.

Looks close to that weight... here is the one I caught up at Carters this winter. He was about the same length, and my scales said he was 12-13lbs... your's looks fatter than mine though. Congrats either way

and I had soooo much more respect for you before I saw that Gators TShirt.... (jk)

Attachments

• striper 1.JPG
    striper 1.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 994
  • striper 2.JPG
    striper 2.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 994
Thanks Guys!

Sorry Russ - I made the decision a long time ago to be a Gator's Fan. It made my dad real proud and thats all I was worried about. You cant imagine how much hell I catch on a daily basis living in Dawg Country. But as long as Jacksonville continues to be good to me I can handle it.

Troutman3000 said:
Thanks Guys!

Sorry Russ - I made the decision a long time ago to be a Gator's Fan. It made my dad real proud and thats all I was worried about. You cant imagine how much hell I catch on a daily basis living in Dawg Country. But as long as Jacksonville continues to be good to me I can handle it.

I hear ya - I'm only messing with ya because my father-in-law is one of the BIGGEST Gator fans you will ever meet...

Great fish man beautiful coloring - I bet the fight was awesome..

That being said and all your choice of team is highly suspect LOL

Latest posts