Lake Umbagog NH 2007

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
The trip in one word....Awesome. The weather cooperated except for 1 day, the fish were plenty with a couple being of really good size. The cottage, the best I have ever seen. Paradise Point Cottages is hands down the best place to stay if you ever visit Errol NH. The owners Ricky and Linda went out of there way to make our accomodations awesome. We saw plenty of Turkeys and American Bald Eagles. No Bears, No Turkeys, No Moose :cry:. We fished the Androscoggin river and had our best day there. We boated roughly 25 fish that day. The biggest dissapointment of my trip was losing the biggest fish of the trip (A heavy 4 pounder, possibly a 5 pounder) on a PCBAITS chatterbait knockoff. I put it on because I never used one before, and sure enough it produced Bass, pickerel, and the one that got away. I hope I never lose it, Im not sure if he makes them anymore. All in all I can safely we boated lots of fish, no record breakers or huge numbers, but no Skunks. We decided to kick back and troll for trout, but the only thing we caught were more bass and Perch. they would nail the lure and come out of the water 100 to 150 feet behind the boat. I can not wait to go back there again!

Good food, PLENTY of Beer :twisted: and good company! Can you ask for anything more?

We had the whole lake to ourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdPoigh_8s

Attachments

• Umbagog071.JPG
    Umbagog071.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,335
  • umbagog072.JPG
    umbagog072.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,336
  • umbagog073.JPG
    umbagog073.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,335
  • umbagog074.JPG
    umbagog074.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,335
  • umbagog075.JPG
    umbagog075.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 2,335
  • umbagog076.JPG
    umbagog076.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,335
  • umbagog077.JPG
    umbagog077.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 2,335
  • umbagog078.JPG
    umbagog078.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,335
  • umbagog079.JPG
    umbagog079.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,335
  • umbagog0710.JPG
    umbagog0710.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,335
  • umbagog0711.JPG
    umbagog0711.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,336
  • Hammered.JPG
    Hammered.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 2,336
  • umbagogview.JPG
    umbagogview.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,336
  • umbagogview2.JPG
    umbagogview2.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 2,336
  • Cabin.JPG
    Cabin.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,336
Sweeeeeeeet! Looks like you had a perfect trip, although the Nija pose after too many beers is very disturbing :lol:

I bet you wish every week was like that!

Jim those pics came out really good, I want some of those printed, and dont forget about the TPS reports... CT

Nice fish the lake and cabin look awesome! LOL at the pic of "6 beers too many." I like the file title: hammered.

Forgot to add....On the last day (the worst day because you have to clean up, pack up, and have a long ride home) we decided to fish behind the rocks and up along the edge (see pictures with boats and notice huge rocks sticking out in the backround) before we pulled the boat out. I decided to try a topwater Megabass POP-X. Right off the bat I got a nice smallie and a Pickerel, and Marine0321 landed that pickerel on the pcbaits chatterbait.

Man that sounds like a great time! I NEVER take trips like that. That needs to change!

Congrats on a great weekend, Jim. Loved the story and the pics

Latest posts