land between the lakes ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggun79

Reaction score
does any one fish in the kentuky lake or lake barkley i am going there on the 20th for a weekend with the famialy any hot spots you want to share

watch coverage of BASS, the Elite series is going to be there(Kentucky Lake) next weekend.

I live 15 minutes from KY Lake.

You're going to have to get a bit more specific on what kind of fish you are after and what area you are going to be in.

The lakes are only about 60 miles long apiece from the TN state line to the dams. :shock:

yep, big water there. As mentioned above, the Elite Series will be there this weekend and launching out of KY Dam Village I believe. I'd steer clear of that launch as it will probably be fairly busy :wink:

I was planning on attending the weigh-in, but have changed my mind..................due to the gas prices and the distance from me (about 70 miles one way).

ill prob be on the bank most of the time ill have my 2 girl little sister best freind and old laddy with me so i think a lot of it will be blue gill I do want to try to get a few cat aat night :lol:

If you are fishing at night, you may want to try some smallie fishing. I have always done well fishing for both LM and SM on the LBL side of KY Lake at night. You can use black spinnerbaits with a colorado blade or soft plastics like tubes.

been going the last 5 years there, but the buddy i was going with sold his boat, I'm not comfy taking my 1436 out there even tho i see some do and even smaller ones than the 1436 :shock: , of course I see more of that at the Cumberline river dam, been hitten the stripers there too every year around end of June but, my buddy sold the boat :( gotta wait, I'll be back some day

biggun79 said:
ill prob be on the bank most of the time ill have my 2 girl little sister best freind and old laddy with me so i think a lot of it will be blue gill I do want to try to get a few cat aat night :lol:

Find yourself a rip rap bank and a bucket of nightcrawlers and you'll have all of the small bluegill and pumpkinseed action that you can stand.

Try the canal between KY and Barkley or below one of the dams at night for cats.

The white bass should be hitting well below either dam as well.

Fishingbud, I've run a 1448 all over both of those lakes in conditions that would make you pucker. It's a really stable boat, though. I have seen some scary things on those lakes from people that are unfamiliar with big water and watercraft in general.

Two years ago I saw a rather large woman on a jet ski in the middle of KY Lake with what I thought was a dog. Upon closer inspection.... it was an infant that looked to be 6 or 8 months old. :evil: I felt like dragging that gal to the bank and calling the law.

Quackrstackr said:
biggun79 said:

Find yourself a rip rap bank and a bucket of nightcrawlers and you'll have all of the small bluegill and pumpkinseed action that you can stand.

Try the canal between KY and Barkley or below one of the dams at night for cats.

The white bass should be hitting well below either dam as well.

Fishingbud, I've run a 1448 all over both of those lakes in conditions that would make you pucker. It's a really stable boat, though. I have seen some scary things on those lakes from people that are unfamiliar with big water and watercraft in general.

Two years ago I saw a rather large woman on a jet ski in the middle of KY Lake with what I thought was a dog. Upon closer inspection.... it was an infant that looked to be 6 or 8 months old. :evil: I felt like dragging that gal to the bank and calling the law.

Never seems to amaze us huh :roll:

I'd use the 1448, been wanting one bad,

I remember seeing two guys in a 12' flat jon fishing at Cumberland dam :shock: they was using those little fishing rods(I forget the name of them) and motoring up to the dam and letting themselves drift back with the current and the whole time bouncing that bait up and down off the bottom(I guess), then they'd fire up the motor and back up to the dam and do it all over again, the whole time I'm waiting to see them be washed out by the under-current from the dam being released time to time. There is NO way I'd be in a boat that small by a dam, but to them-its the way they live(just use to it)

I've had some good fishen at the dam there at Cumberland. One night our battery went dead and wouldn't ya know, there was no one around to help, after a bit three guys float kinda by and we hollered if we could get a jump, they said sure! as soon as we are done fishen #-o we waited and about an hour later they chugged over and jumped us :lol: They were dedicated :roll:

Latest posts