Landau 1470F

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dumb question that may have already been asked, Why did you get this boat? :roll: I been contemplating getting a 1636 or wider 16' and selling my 72 richline. Is it just me or is this addicting of wanting bigger/better boat?

gillhunter said:
Your project looks great! Nice workmanship. I really like the layout.

Yep, I agree. Very open and clean. Btw, do you fish the TN river? That's one of my Dads favorite spots, near Savannah and River Heights. I was down there in the Spring, but the weather didn't cooperate.

Or a better question I would pose,how did you Convince/justify it to the wife? And what did it cost you?(dresses, shoes, spa treatments,you know) #-o

Jay D said:
Dumb question that may have already been asked, Why did you get this boat? :roll: I been contemplating getting a 1636 or wider 16' and selling my 72 richline. Is it just me or is this addicting of wanting bigger/better boat?

Jay D said:
Or a better question I would pose,how did you Convince/justify it to the wife? And what did it cost you?(dresses, shoes, spa treatments,you know) #-o

Bought the boat because, well, I wanted another project :lol: I've had my vision of the perfect layout for what I use the boat for and how I fish, saw this listed on Craiglist one day and thought it had potential. My first build was a 12', when I sold it I saved the cash for the next boat, so no problems with the wife :D I pulled most everything off of my PolarKraft (trolling motor, seat bases, seats, fish finder, etc...), so the cost wasn't too bad. i had no problems with the 1440, but I have to say, the 1448 is very nice, the upgrade was worth it.

jasper60103 said:
gillhunter said:
Your project looks great! Nice workmanship. I really like the layout.

Yep, I agree. Very open and clean. Btw, do you fish the TN river? That's one of my Dads favorite spots, near Savannah and River Heights. I was down there in the Spring, but the weather didn't cooperate.

Thanks Jasper, haven't fished the TN river yet. I was hesitant with the old boat, but now with the upgrade, I think I'll be fine on the bigger water. Our family is taking a camping/fishing trip this fall, we our trying to choose between Reelfoot Lake and Land Between the Lakes, good problems to have :lol:

You did a good job on that boat! I like how clean it looks and how open it is. My friend had a 1448 with benches and it was a nice stable boat. He sold it because he wanted something with an open floor for more duck decoys and gear.

inlovewithsurfin said:
two awesome boat builds! love all your work...

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I've been keeping an eye on your Lowe, lookin' good!

wingsnhammers said:
You did a good job on that boat! I like how clean it looks and how open it is. My friend had a 1448 with benches and it was a nice stable boat. He sold it because he wanted something with an open floor for more duck decoys and gear.

Thank you. I absolutely love the open layout, easy to move around when fishing and great for kids.

I'm currently in the process of redecking the boat along with rebracing the front lower deck. I decided to try to lighten things up a bit and make the boat easier to clean out. I've replaced most of the 1/2" with 1/4" ply, and some 3/4" with 1/2", all in all, 50 lbs or so should be removed from the rig, I'll know for sure when I weigh the new decks. I also removed the old wooden frame from the front and have rebuilt it with aluminum, which now also reinforces the hull (saw some minor flexing due to seat removal), saved around 15 lbs there and it's rock solid. The new decks have a non-slip paint on them, I'll miss the carpet, but hosing the boat out will be nice. I also acquired a new bow mount TM, hand control Motorguide (found a great deal online). No issues with the Minn-Kota, I just usually stand up to fish and got tired of the "stork." The boat also has a name now, Swampbuster. I earn my living as a biologist and the irony with the name is the Swampbuster Act protects our nations wetlands, but it sounds like a butt kickin' name for a southern backwater boat. I'll get pics up soon. Thanks for the interest guys.

Ictalurus said:
Thank you. I absolutely love the open layout, easy to move around when fishing and great for kids.

I'm going to piggy back on the kudos and the open design. Lookin' good and ready to fish! I bought my boat mainly for more Father-n-Son bonding and memory builder. I was planning on an "Open" design as well since I have a 1636 which probably makes sense for lower decking so the kids comment/aspect caught my eye. I appreciate your good work and keep it up.

Really nice looking layout and great workmanship =D> =D> =D> I mounted my rod holder bases similar to Yours, and they work out great. Your color scheme should be relatively cool in the hot sun, and be comfortable with the step deck rather than one big step up to transition from rear to front. Very nice :beer:

Repeating previously stated posts, great workmanship. Open space is important to me too with 3 grandkids. I modded and out-fitted a 1648 Alumacraft 2 years ago (sold it) and the only thing i didn't do is build an elevated front deck (the front seat was large enough to be a small platform.

I picked up a CL 94 1448 Duracraft that is my next project. Can you give me some info and/or pics of the way you have or are attaching the framing together and to the hull?

Thanks in advance.

Very nice boat allot of potential. Im thinking of taking the saw zaw to my rear bench seat and making into a two part like yours.Wonder how much dificulty that will present me?

Haven't been on for awhile, definitely time for an update. First, had a great deer season up north, i was patient and got this guy on the fourth day.

Attachments

• 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 1,418
Now on to the boat, finished her up around labor day. The wood framing came out and the bow and front deck were braced and framed with aluminum angle. Very sturdy, no flexing when someone is sitting on the bow during rough seas. Check out the pics.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,418
All of the wood was replaced with 1/4" thinner ply, except the pod tops and front deck. However the front deck was reduced in size by 10", which did save some weight and opened up the main deck quite a bit. The Tempress hatch is very nice, let me get away with 1/2" ply on the bow and can still stand on the hatch.

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,418
The big switch was the trolling motor, i found a deal on a motorguide 45lb hand controlled bow mount. So far so good, I'm not to sure about the gatorflex mount, but I think I'll get used to it. The hand control was a nice switch from the foot control, much less fumbling around for short moves around stumps. I made the mount out of some scrap aluminum from the jack plate, i think it looks good. Also got the name put on. One nice feature that I really like are the locks I put on the pods tops, makes me feel better about my gear when I run into the gas station. Got the storage liner idea from another member, works great. Thanks to everyone for all the kind words so far.

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 1,418
The boat looks great! Very nice workmanship and I really like the trolling motor setup! =D> =D>