Lets see the 14-16' jon-bass build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ablack1198

Reaction score
New to the forum, hello guys and gals. Today I bought a 15ft alumacraft and would love to make a mini bass boat. I have been interested to see some of yalls pictures before and after. Any insight on special storage space, material (wood or aluminum), ideas on casting deck, etc. Anything would be helpful.
Ideally,on my boat, I'd like to see some rod storage, a livewell, more solid floor, a overall neater design and full utilization of space, and still be able to haul myself and 2-3 others with me. Thank you all in advance!!

New to the forum, hello guys and gals. Today I bought a 15ft alumacraft and would love to make a mini bass boat. I have been interested to see some of yalls pictures before and after. Any insight on special storage space, material (wood or aluminum), ideas on casting deck, etc. Anything would be helpful.
Ideally,on my boat, I'd like to see some rod storage, a livewell, more solid floor, a overall neater design and full utilization of space, and still be able to haul myself and 2-3 others with me. Thank you all in advance!!
Looks like a 1542. I have the same boat. I picked it up a few months ago. Not many mods going to happen to mine, want to keep it light as possible it’s just used at one electric motor only reservoir. I filled in between the ribs with rigid insulation then cut some 3/8 inch thick rubber gym type flooring to fit over the insulation. Makes for a decent floor for my needs. I have cut a piece of 3/4 plywood cover to fit over that flimsy front deck area. Have three coats of rustolium on that and it will be covered in carpet. Trolling motor mount will be put up there. Have a few other small mods in mind I will share when I get to it.

IMG_5542.jpegIMG_5542.jpeg