Lights off batteries?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfisher'

Reaction score
I have a deep cycle battery for my troller, can I some how convert some halogens to run off of the battery to?

Thanks, Justin

Convert? Do you mean....wire them to the battery? If so, sure. I'd have an extra battery though if you're relying on the TM to be your primary propulsion.

Brine said:
Convert? Do you mean....wire them to the battery? If so, sure. I'd have an extra battery though if you're relying on the TM to be your primary propulsion.
I've heard of people using the deep cycle for their trolling motor, while using a lawnmower battery for sonar and lights combined.

Anyone care to chime in with experience here?

Im only 14, no good with wiring, but are yall saying to strip the wire and just hook it up to the battery? but I appriceate anyone whos got some imput

Catfisher' said:
Im only 14, no good with wiring, but are yall saying to strip the wire and just hook it up to the battery? but I appriceate anyone whos got some imput

yeah pretty much, or run them through a switch panel

You can also get a small inverter and run 110v lights, I have a few work lights from Lowes with compact florescent bulbs and an inverter, lasts a long time.

Latest posts