Lone Star Side Console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WestTexas

Reaction score
I'm not technically a newbie here, I've been a lurker for years but I recently joined after picking up a 1950 Lone Star 14.5'. I believe that makes it a "Commander" but if anyone knows differently I'd appreciate the correction. Long story short - I've loved the vintage tinboats all my life, especially Lone Stars and I've finally taken the plunge and gotten my first project. She does float but I plan to fully restore her asap. The purpose of this post however is: A week or so ago I was reading a post by a guy who had removed a side consol from a similar Lone Star and I can't find it now. So if anyone knows what I'm talking about or if you are the guy feel free to message or reply. Even if the guy wouldn't want to sell it I would love to get the measurements for it in order to fab one out one day. As an aside I'd really appreciate anyone who could point me in the direction of more info concerning Lone Stars - especially original ads, colors, options models etc.
It's great to finally be aboard!

Have you done a search in the mods for it? Do you know if it was a complete mod or just removing the console?

Good luck on the project, and I look forward to watching your progress.

I ended up finding it through google later that night. I work in the oilfield though, as an electronics and computer guy and I've been going almost non-stop since then so I haven't had the opportunity to check back in until now. Thanks for the reply and the encouragement! I really look forward to posting the restore/rebuild photos.

Latest posts