Looking for a pondhopper, should I go for it?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

authentic

Reaction score
I sold my 1432 jon, in favor of something larger, but I'm already missing having something small, to easily throw in some of the local ponds.

The 1432 was great, just needed more room for bigger outings. I found a 1232 w/brand new motorguide trolling motor for $275.
-Will there be much difference stability wise, being 2 feet shorter?
-Also, what do you guys think of the price? It doesn't come with a trailer, but all that means to me, is that I have one less thing to store. I can throw it in the back of the truck, to take it out.

Dont know much about the stability, but shouldnt be much difference being theyre the same width.

The motorguide is probably worth around 150, so the price seems like a bargain to me.

I say go for it.

nathanielrthomas said:
Dont know much about the stability, but shouldnt be much difference being theyre the same width.

The motorguide is probably worth around 150, so the price seems like a bargain to me.

I say go for it.

Ditto.

Shoot, the wife shut me down. She doesn't think I need another boat, until I'm done spending money on the one I just got. Oh well, there will be others.