Lost a biggy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
How come we always loose the big ones?
Lost a big pickeral,was fishing a 10' grassy flat area and she didn't want to come up,taking drag like crazy,bulldoging...next thing she boots it for the surface and goes airbourne,throwing the spinnerbait...o well.
Landed lots of others though...18 pickeral and 6 bass.
Fished from 3 till 7pm, in overcast skies.(supposed to be sunny:/)
The water was way up do to all the rain this year,poured again yesterday and the water was a foot or more above the lily pads.I tried to get a fluke top water video but gave up after loosing a pack,to he toothy critters.

Got alittle lucky today as I heard a fish surface,tried to cast to it with a buzzbait,to hard of coarse and got a backlash....after I picked it out,started to reel in and the bass was connected,must of picked it up on the fall because the water was only 3' where I casted...here she is25.08.09 001.jpg
I was using a snap so on my very next cast the snap went to the top of the buzzbait making it more like a spinnerbait and still landed alittle pickeral.That was it for the good luck though,it was foggy when I went to leave,so took my glasses off and put them on my leg,because I didn't want them to go overboard but the wind took them over anyways,thrid pair this year.
Heres another bass picture,spinnerbaits were out catching top water today.25.08.09 002.jpg
Still see that thrown spinnerbait in slow motion,with that big pickeral,flapping back down to the water.Won't be able to redeem myself till next Sunday...gotta go away on vacation.

Luck of the draw or just wasn't meant to be. Either or I'm sure that won't be the last big fish lost either.

Were you using a trailer hook on your spinnerbait, if not you might want to give it a try. Even though you lost the big fish of the day and a pair of glasses still looks like you had a blast. Hope you have a nice vacation and can keep the one the got away off your mind till the next trip.

Not leaving till tomorrow but it's the wife's Bday so probably should stay around the house :)
Didn't have a trailer on that spinnerbait and yes I do remember the spot.
I have one of those hats,that the glasses can hook to...with a lanyard?
It was home on a chair :) ...they're not presciption,think I'll buy cheapies next time.

Any of you beleive in Karma...I'm kinda on the fence.
Wasn't going to type this, wasn't a great moment.Landed a little pickeral,just before the big one lost.The little guy inhaled the bait and I didn't have any spreaders with me...pretty sure I killed it getting the bait out,gullit hooked. I lost the next few fish either at the boat or parted off.J ust mother nature letting me know to be nicier to her creatures.

Zum said:
...they're not presciption,think I'll buy cheapies next time.

I decided the same thing this year... been getting 5 dollar Berkley polarized at wal-mart and considering I loose 5 or so pairs a fishing season I am way ahead of the game this year.

Nice lookin fish.

People laugh and ask about it, but they will not sink and put me $240 in the hole.
zzzzzz-5.jpg

Whats the notches in the lure box for?
Fish caught:)
If I spend good coin on another pair,I'll have to pay more attention.