Lowe Roughneck 1752 project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned up the impeller today and finished cutting the hatch in the rear bench. One note is that the custom hatch from cabelas only has a pull latch, it does not securely lock. I will be adding a better latch that locks.

Need to stop and pickup a set of feeler gauges after work and then put the pump back together. Should be able to hit the lake this weekend and test it out. I hope everything works out well, I can hardly wait to run this thing [-o<

Anyone have a comment on the water coming out of the slot between the adapter plate and midsection? It seems to me water is supposed to come out but not completely sure.

And also does anyone have a link for where to buy the grease gun and grease for the jet unit???

Pics make the thread so here's a couple more.

We got the boat on the water last week but had a real bad misfire so I was chasing down that problem all week. There is a thread posted in te motor forum if anyone wants to know the details. Ended up rebuilding the carbs and found the emergency fuel enrichment valve diaphragm was crack. Also replaced plugs and fuel pump while I was at it. Motor runs awesome now.

I have some real bad cavatation issues. Only way I can get it to run is with it tucked fully down and even then it slips and cavitates. I have a set of transom wedges sitting on the work bench I think that is the next thing on the list. I am considering ordering a set of the wings from outboard jets.

If the wedges and wings don't help The other issue I have is that with the static riser plate I am as low as I can go with the motor. I can go up further but the top bolt is almost against the top of the transom.... It seems like I need to drop the motor a 1/4" but can't with the riser. Maybe I should loose the riser and slot the bottom two holes on the motor.

Latest posts